cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer sign in every time

GHud75
Joining in

It was happening with all apps but I have rebooted my box and it doesn’t happen for any other app (Netflix, Amazon and Disney all fine). What do I need to do to stop having to sign in to BBC iPlayer every time. Help greatly appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

Hi

If it only happens when you turn off the 360 make sure it's set to fast start or active start and then see if you still need to sign in.

Hi Roy,

I have checked this but I have still needed to sign in to iPlayer. None of the other apps. Just iPlayer. Kids get frustrated the most as it is stopping them watch their programmes. 
Any other ideas? 

Cheers 

Gethyn 

roy247
Community elder

Hi Gethyn,

I had everything unplugged a few days ago when I replaced my stand and didn't need to sign in again to iPlayer.

You could try a factory reset if you haven't already tried that, go to Settings > System > Factory Reset

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up,  but you will have to sign into all your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Roy