Menu
phillipdngtn
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

BBC Apps not working

Hi,

The BBC Apps on our Virgin 360 box have stopped working.  We get the BBC iPlayer / BBC Sounds Loading page then nothing, it just seems to hang.

Other apps are working fine such as Netflix and ITV Hub and the settings report we have a good connection.  I have reset both the Hub and the 360 box.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks

Phillip

0 Kudos
PompeyJohnW
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Apps not working

Same here, was working yesterday. I've done factory reset just to make sure and connected to Netflix, ITV Hub  and YouTube.

0 Kudos
Dan_M
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for posting, would you be able to post a screenshot of the issue please?

Many thanks
Dan_M

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
PompeyJohnW
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

IMG_20210122_114642.jpg

0 Kudos
phillipdngtn
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

That's the same screen we are getting too.

0 Kudos
Mikegbachad
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Only joined Virgin month ago after 25 years with SKY. No issues until recently. Problem started 3 days ago, no BBC iplayer, though fully available on linked Laptop. Waited until today to carry out online and box checks. Code showing A01, (app unavailable). Checked all connections, rebooted, reconnected. and diagnostics checked. Additional issue emerged; "Port configuration test failed". 6 Ports needed to be connected. Called helpline 150, 1/2 hour later connected. Agent seemed to work enthusiastically for a while then after he consulted somebody else interest faded and then stopped. Speedily broke off contact and e-mail sent. This seems to be a serious issue with thousands of related posts. I would remind Virgin as I did SKY, Coronavirus does not abrogate their customer service obligations. This is a service failure and needs sorting, though an explanation would suffice in the short term

0 Kudos
phillipdngtn
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I look forward to seeing an update on this soon as it takes a way a lot of the functionality of the 360 such as watch from start and catchup.

So its back to watching iPlayer via the Chromecast!

Thanks

Phillip 

0 Kudos
DigitalDonkey
Up to speed
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Me the same the same problem. IPlayer no longer loads. No error message. Reboot has not solved the problem. 

0 Kudos
chriscros
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I too am getting the same 'LOADING' screen when either running the BBC iPlayer App, or attempting to watch any BBC show from catchup.

This only happens from the main Humax 360 box though, the 360 Mini runs BBC iPlayer without any issues.

I have only just installed the 360 boxes this evening, replacing 2 x v6 boxes and all other apps seem to work okay from both boxes.

With the problem possibly being widespread amongst 360 users,  I trust VM have this in hand to offer a quick resolution.

0 Kudos
Mfisher10
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I don't hold much hope of a quick solution to the BBC IPLAYER being fixed...

Virgin only want your money 💰 

0 Kudos