cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC 1 HD channel pixelating and Netflix login issues

Mark-7411
Joining in

Hi, I am currently experiencing problems with my 360 Box. The BBC HD channel distorts and pixelates and seems to be the only channel that this happens on. It can be impossible to watch at times. 
I have also been unable to login to Netflix on my TV as well. Netflix is also not working on any phone or iPad when connected to our Wi-Fi but will work if connected to a mobiles 5G hotspot. I have switched off the box and the hub several times for at least 30seconds if not more, then switching it back on and rebooting. I have also set the 360 box back to factory settings twice and pressed the reset button on the hub. All of these trouble shooting options have not worked and I continue to be unable to watch Netflix. BBC 1 still distorts. Any suggestions or ideas to help?

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mark-7411

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with BBC 1 HD and Netflix

As for the BBC issue, do you have another box in which you can test this on?

Netflix - what is the exact error message you're getting when you try to access Netflix via the WiFi?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply, I don’t have another box that I can try BBC1 HD on. 

As for Netflix, the error message  is Code tv-st-106 couldn’t connect to Netflix . Please try again or restart your home network or streaming device. I have lost count on how many times I have done this and also reset the 360 box to factory settings. I have contacted Netflix who have told me it’s not an issue at their side. I have previously spoken on the live chat and was told the same by yourselves. But there is defo an issue. I can watch netflix on my mobile using 5G but not the home Wi-Fi. On the tv it just won’t connect. On mobile devices you can see the layout of Netflix but not any of the icons or the content pictures. All other apps like Disney, prime and iPlayer etc all work. 
thanks 

Hi @Mark-7411, thank you for your response.

Regarding the issue with BBC One HD, is this just impacting the live television channel or are you also noticing it when watching programmes through BBC iPlayer (if applicable to you)? 

The error code "tvq-st-106" is one that Netflix recognises, as shown on this link here. Have you tried following the first three suggestions provided to fix the problem? 

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Mark-7411
Joining in

Hi, regarding the Netflix issue, did you read that yes, No 1:  I have tried to reload Netflix but this is impossible as it is stuck in a loop, I have only been able to reload if I set 360 box back to factory settings. No 2. I have checked and rechecked my internet connection re Ethernet cable. No 3: I have restarted my home network. No 4: I am contacting you as my internet service provider for help. 
BBC 1 HD is the only channel affected. BBC iPlayer works fine.

Thanks

Mark

Does it work via the app on a smart TV via the same wireless network?

Rob

I have tried on several other smart TVs, iPads, mobile phones, etc but none work. They all work fine when connected to another wireless network, but none work when connected to my virgin network.

Hello Mark-7411.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.

Sounds like you have tried every possible test to get this resolved.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L