Menu
tlerner87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Auto play makes kids tv unwatchable!

Just a ridiculously simple feature request from an exasperated parent.

The next episode autoplay feature needs to be able to be switched off. 

Kids TV programmes are just a few minutes long, and have multiple episodes aired in a row. Invariably it autoplays to the next episode in the middle of an episode which means I literally have to pay attention to click no on the pop up.

I cant bear to watch peppa pig any more!

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Auto play makes kids tv unwatchable!

Hi @tlerner87 

Sorry to hear this is happening and whilst we cannot help with Peppa Pig, we want to investigate the Auto play issue.

Can you reply back and let us know of the following details:

• What kind of content are they trying to watch? On demand
  • or recordings? 
  • Does this happen on all shows/any other shows they are trying to watch?
  • How early does it stop on the current episode? (i.e. when does it skip to the next episode)

Please give as much information to help our Support Team.

Cheers,

Lisa

0 Kudos
tlerner87
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa_CC

It only happens on recordings. On demand works perfectly.

I picked a few shows at random and wrote down what happens in the table below - there is a clear pattern that the autoplay next episode popup comes up (12 seconds before) the 5 minutes or 10 minutes exactly into the recording. I also noticed that with Peppa Pig and Yakka Dee the amount of time remaining in the episode (after i click 'NO' to the autoplay pop up) is roughly equivalent to how long it is before the actual episode starts into the recording (i.e. how much of the adverts/previous episode was on before this episode starts).

Please note that this happens with EVERY single episode of these shows I have recorded, I just picked some at random to write down.

So clearly it is just a simple timing issue. However as we cannot get the option to switch autoplay off, its really, REALLY annoying. Such a simple fix - give us the option! 

Alternatively, just have the default option as 'NO', then we don't have to make a quick scramble for the remote control, or not notice the pop up and then miss the end of that episode. 

Show - episodeEpisode actually starts atAutoplays next episode atEpisode actually finishes at
Hey Duggee (cBeebies) - s02e040m38s5m0s7m30s
Hey Duggee (cBeebies) - s03e163m58s10m0s10m58s
Peppa Pig (Channel 5) - s04e031m48s5m0s6m48s
Peppa Pig (Channel 5) - s2e242m13s5m0s7m15s
Yakka Dee (cBeebies) - s5e202m59s5m0s7m56s
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us @tlerner87.

We appreciate your detailed analysis of this auto play issue and we will forward this to the relevant teams to take a look into.

We will aim to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos