Menu
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

At last all fixed v6 360 update

At last the problem was solved in 10 minutes 

they removed the v6 boxes and replaced them with the new Humax boxes .

they bent over backwards to get the boxes to me as there is a shortage . ringing two other engineers to get 360 and another popped over the mini later .

thank you to these guys and anyone else having issues with the v6 update , call an engineer to visit and do it through the chat on the virgin app and don’t listen to we are looking into it brigade as the old boxes will only struggle more when new updates and features added .

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: At last all fixed v6 360 update

Hi Gary

I know you responded to my other thread so you know I have upgraded my V6 boxes to 360 thinking I was getting the new boxes. Can I therefore ask what were your issues so I can keep an eye out for them.

The only problem I currently have is the inability to pair my of magic remote to my box now where it was paired before when the box was a V6.

Thanks Jonathan

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Are you on 4.28 software that’s when my and others on here problems started , recording stopping skipping but the main problem was channel logos not loading , freezing crashing and the box goes blank do you have to turn it off to get it working for a few hours and honestly seemed to get worse as time went on 

Fox35
Up to speed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm happy you got it sorted.

I'm also finally getting my 2 failed updated Arris V6 4.28 boxes replaced with 2 new Humax boxes tomorrow or Sat. I got an unexpected call out of the blue today from a senior tech guy to inform of the swap over if I still wanted it. He confirmed to me that the updated V6 software has been a disaster and should never of happened because it is "not compatible with the V6"!

I advise everyone with the V6 updated boxes to persist with complaining to either the 360 or senior technical department until your boxes are replaced with the Humax 360 pre installed versions (it took me 3 weeks!), and to those with V6 wanting to upgrade their boxes via the app...DONT!

He also confirmed that there is no possibility of rolling back to the V6 either.

Good luck.

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I checked and I'm on 4.28. we don't watch VM that much these days but last couple of days watched the football via Amazon app and films on sky cinema demand without issue. Our V6 boxes are very old too as I upgraded from TiVo at V6 launch. More Xmas films tonight via VM box so will see how this goes.

Issues I see are the inability to pair my of magic remote and I think the Standard definition channels appear worse in terms of picture quality.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just an update, I have now had my boxes replaced for Humax ones and the recording problems have all gone away, The TV360 Horizon OS seems to be a lot more stable and quicker on these boxes. 

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Were the new boxes delivered or installed, and what process did you go through to get the new boxes. Thanks

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sorting this out for virgin , so they did the testing on your boxes but no good ? So changed them for the Humax boxes it that correct and what was the reason it didn’t work on old v6 boxes 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That is correct, they are still looking into the issue, my old  V6 Arris boxes are on there way to the main Horizon support team in Europe for actual physical testing by them

Gary06028
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That’s good and thanks for your help there are  reasons I stay with virgin the first is the broadband and when your contract is up they always beat sky for a deal , but the customer service is very very weak as many on here and other forums have said and desperately need uhd content as in movies , documentaries etc this is the only area they are lagging behind sky 

0 Kudos