cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arris DCX960 & Samsung S95B remote

needemail
Joining in

Hello I have a Samsung S95B tv but cannot program the remote. I’ve selected Arris & the model number and it does not work. I’ve tried the Pace codes also with no success, does anyone have any ideas?

it is a Virgin box. My other Humax box works with no issues.  Ideas? Thank you! JD

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @needemail,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues pairing your Virgin Media TV box to your TV! 

Can you confirm if you're having issues pairing the Virgin TV remote with your new smart TV, or having issues pairing your TV remote to the Virgin TV box? 

You can read more about pairing your Virgin TV box remote on our website.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are trying to operate a Virgin box with a third party remote you need to pair to the firmware in use not the box make. The Horizon firmware usually comes under the Ziggo badge as it originated on Liberty Globals Netherlands networks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How can I locate the firmware? I have the same tv.

If you have a 360 box then that's also known as the Ziggo MediaBox Next, Samsung TV's Smart remote used to pair using Pace  DCR7111 although this stopped working after a Samsung update according to some users and then some said it started working again so it might be model specific. Samsung Smart remotes seem to be a problem, no problems with my LG Smart remotes using Ziggo.