Menu
dalepritchard81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

App integration on searches

Hi,
Does anyone know when Virginmedia plan to integrate programmes from BBC iPlayer and Netflix to the search criteria on the new V360 box? 
Searches only seem to default to Prime or Virginmedia Store if they are not available on catch up which seems to be a limitation in comparison to the v6 TiVo box?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: App integration on searches

I think that the iPlayer is already integrated. Try a search for Black Narcissus which was broadcast last year and still available on the iPlayer.

I believe Netflix will not be integrated as Netflix themselves are against this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dalepritchard81
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just tried Black Narcissus and this didn’t seem to work.

it seems the v6 is the more superior product than its successor with the number of features missing which is disappointing. I’m surprised Virgin have released this box to the public.

0 Kudos
dalepritchard81
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just tried another example in bbc iPlayer where they gave the peaky blinders series. Did the voice search on the v360 box any you only get the option to watch in virgin media store.

Wouldn’t be so bad if it was just Netflix not integrated but it appears to be on several other apps like iPlayer too 🙁

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@dalepritchard81 wrote:

Just tried another example in bbc iPlayer where they gave the peaky blinders series. Did the voice search on the v360 box any you only get the option to watch in virgin media store.

Wouldn’t be so bad if it was just Netflix not integrated but it appears to be on several other apps like iPlayer too 🙁

BBC iPlayer catch up content is integrated into search.  Older library BBC content that hasnt been shown in the last 30 days wont appear (I think this is what you saw with Peaky Blinders).  This is an annoyance to be personally, but it's the same on V6!