cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for watching videos from home NAS?

ianmacf
Joining in

Is there a Virgin TV box app available for watching movies or listening to podcasts that I have saved on my home NAS drive?

I am currently using KODI on my NAS but I have to switch inputs on the TV with its controller and then use a different clunky controller for Kodi.

Having that functionality integrated into the Virgin TV box interface would be so much more convenient.

Would there security or copyright issues with such a setup?

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

You can't download apps to the 360 box, all the supported apps available are put there by Virgin.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If VM (or Liberty Global) were to not charge the Kodi Foundation for the Kodi client then your wish could quite likely come true. However, don't hold your breath as not a single cableco or telco has Kodi on their STBs.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin boxes are rented & are never your property. Hence the apps on them are only the ones which they have agreements to use. The app provider also has to code any apps used on Horizon or TiVO platform boxes. The box is primarily designed to allow you to access Virgin provided content. They are not going to spend money or effort on secondary facilities not directly involved with their own TV service.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks