cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have their EPG disappearing?

jcurtis
On our wavelength

It seems the EPG on the v360 box is gradually swapping every channel to show "To Be Announced".  From 0600 tomorrow morning that is every channel.  Impossible to set recordings, and previously set series recordings have vanished.

Yes, the network connection between the V360 box and the SuperHub are fine.  All wired and tested, things like iPlayer work OK.  Yes, I've rebooted everything, no change.  I was speaking with support, but the line went dead, not going to wait another 30 mins in the queue to go round the same call handler script.

The previous v6 service was very stable, having been moved to v360 the experience has been pretty poor so far, even after 3 months.  Worst is we are still paying for the previous v6 package prices, not the lower v360 costs.  Each month we call up to ask why the cheaper rate wasn't applied, like that said it would be the last time.  Just get told it will be sorted out next month.  Same for the last 3 months now.

11 REPLIES 11

jcurtis
On our wavelength

The whole recording side of the V360 upgrade from V6 is horrible.  There appears to be no way to see or manage anything.  The worst is the box will shutdown after 24 hours (the longest you can set it to), so if you are away it's impossible to set a recording for something.

I've found it after a few months to be a huge downgrade from the previous V6 software.

roy247
Community elder

@jcurtis wrote:

The whole recording side of the V360 upgrade from V6 is horrible.  There appears to be no way to see or manage anything.  The worst is the box will shutdown after 24 hours (the longest you can set it to), so if you are away it's impossible to set a recording for something.

I've found it after a few months to be a huge downgrade from the previous V6 software.

If the box is set to fast start or active start you should be able to set recordings using the TVGO app, I have my 360 set to fast start and set some recordings when I was away on holiday.

jcurtis
On our wavelength

@roy247 wrote:

@jcurtis wrote:

If the box is set to fast start or active start you should be able to set recordings using the TVGO app, I have my 360 set to fast start and set some recordings when I was away on holiday.

I have the box to Fast Start, when setting in the app it says it will schedule when the box is next on-line.  So far in the last 3 months it has never managed to record anything set with the app after we have been away for more than 24 hours.  We can't set anything new either at the moment, as the guide for every channel is 'To Be Announced' from 0600 tomorrow morning.  Various channels data have been disappearing over the last day or so.  Tech support no real help, reboot doesn't fix it.

roy247
Community elder

@jcurtis wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

@jcurtis wrote:

I have the box to Fast Start, when setting in the app it says it will schedule when the box is next on-line.  So far in the last 3 months it has never managed to record anything set with the app after we have been away for more than 24 hours.  We can't set anything new either at the moment, as the guide for every channel is 'To Be Announced' from 0600 tomorrow morning.  Various channels data have been disappearing over the last day or so.  Tech support no real help, reboot doesn't fix it.

That sounds like the 360 is losing it's network connection, is it connected by ethernet cable or wifi.

jcurtis
On our wavelength

All fully wired 1Gb connections.  My day job is in IT, specifically networks from small campus to national systems.  I can see it talking to the virgin back end servers, well the IP address belong to Virgin.  The v360 service is best described as poor compared to the many years of solid V6 service we have been "upgraded" to.

roy247
Community elder

The EPG is updated using the network connection, does catchup and any apps like prime all work OK.

jcurtis
On our wavelength

iPlayer works OK, don't use the VM for streaming, generally use an AppleTV for that.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jcurtis wrote:

The previous v6 service was very stable, having been moved to v360 the experience has been pretty poor so far, even after 3 months.  Worst is we are still paying for the previous v6 package prices, not the lower v360 costs.

You're getting a few concepts mixed up here.

1: No-one is being moved to TV360 without either them asking to, or accepting an offer to. Conversions to from TiVo/V6 > TV360 are completely voluntary and no-one is being forced to.

2: You don't have a V6 package or a TV360 package - you have a Virgin Media package. The software that your TV box runs on is entirely separate. It's true to say that many customers choose to convert to TV360 at the same time as renegotiating their package, but that same package will be available on either a TV360 or their existing V6 box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jcurtis
On our wavelength

When I called about my package back in August I was given no option to stay on the V6 system if I wanted to reduce the monthly cost. It was a long call and I made notes at the time.  At the time it didn’t seem to be an issue, until the box migrated over, it’s had issues ever since. Virgin are welcome to dig into the recording of the call to confirm that if they want.