Flag for a moderator

Re: Any update on 4.28 software on v6 boxes

I have just chased for an update

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Apparently the new Humax hardware is physically unable to handle more than one box with Hard Disk. So for current users this is a no go as you would lose 50% of your storage capacity.

0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator

So to have something we could actually use we would need a Humux main box in living room and mini in the bedroom 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 45
Flag for a moderator

That simply doesn’t make sense.

Who ‘apparently’ told you that?

The Humax box and the mini box are the same, except the mini box has no hard disk.

This means it is very unlikely that what you say is true.

I’ve seen no suggestion that, in the future, you won’t be able to have multiple Humax boxes with disks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 45
Flag for a moderator

BlueLou has confirmed this and the TV360 team have also confirmed this. I know the Humax main and mini boxes are the same tech i didn't dispute that,  but they only support a 1 hard disk setup. The Arris old V6  boxes support multiple hard disk setup on TV360

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 45
Flag for a moderator

OK I apologise but can @BlueLou please confirm that it is impossible technically for the Humax Horizon box to work in an environment where multiple boxes have hard disks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 45
Flag for a moderator

@BlueLou has confirmed to me on PM that its a hardware limitation

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 9 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that the only way to have multiple hard drive boxes is with updated Arris boxes. 

The underlying 360 platform is designed to work with no local storage all all. This isn’t viable in the UK for various reasons so the compromise was to provide a Humax box with HDD for uk (and ie). 

We didn’t want existing customers to lose functionality so the Arris boxes have been designed to work with multiple HDD boxes, up to 3. They have been doing so absolutely fine until the issue this week with 4.28 impacting a proportion of boxes. 

it is being looked at, right now we just don’t know why it’s impacted some customers and not others and it didn’t impact anyone previously in internal pilot. I’m not sure where the idea that we are denying the problem has come from but I totally understand the frustration. 

Gary06028
Superfast
Message 10 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback and I’m not sure it’s just few that have been affected as the lady I spoke to said she had been busy with this problem , urgent  fix is required though as we are going into week 3 

She did arrange an Engineer visit for tomorrow afternoon should I ask if they could swap them for the Humux box with hard drive and mini box for the bedroom as I have not seen any issues with that.

0 Kudos