Menu
Fedup27
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Annoying message

I keep getting the following annoying message pop up on screen every few minutes and I can’t figure out how to make it stop.

“You can now use your Virgin TV remote to control this Virgin TV box, and change the volume and power off your Philips TV.”

It’s only started doing it the last few days and I’ve had the box and the TV for ages. I’ve tried re pairing my remote but that hasn’t worked, at a bit of a loss what else to try. Hoping someone can help. 

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoying message

Hi @Fedup27

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, is the remote already paired to control the power/volume of your TV?

How have things been since posting? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fedup27
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The remote is paired and has been since we upgraded to 360. Since posting I have tried replacing the batteries in the remote, re pairing the remote, hard resetting the box and buying a new HDMI cable and still no change. We also rand the help desk and they have escalated the call because they couldn’t help

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

HI Fedup27, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the remote, when using the remote does it work in other aspects like changing the channel or increasing the volume? Can you also ensure that all cables are hand tight and reboot the box to see if anything changes? ^Chris

0 Kudos
Fedup27
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The remote works fine and always has. As stated previously I’ve checked all cables even replaced the hdmi cable and done a hard factory reset of the box and still no joy. 

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us @Fedup27

I'm sorry to hear that, I appreciate this is super frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenienience caused. 

To confirm, has this error only started happening since you upgraded to 360? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fedup27
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It only started about two weeks ago. We’ve had 360 and the same TV for months. The issue appears to have resolved it’s set for now as it’s not happened for a couple of days. So fingers crossed it’s gone for good

0 Kudos
MrTalbot93
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I keep getting this message since we have Virgin installed last week.

please advise as it’s very annoying.

Thanks,

Jack

0 Kudos
MrTalbot93
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It will come back as it has for me

0 Kudos
Fedup27
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

False alarm it’s back haven’t seen it for a week but it’s started again this morning 😡

0 Kudos