cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amplifier removal

Babyjj86
Tuning in

Hi we have virgin tv 360 and we have a Hisense sound bar and speaker and when we set the box up it automatically connected to it, however using it makes my volume go up and down when we are watching stuff, the volume goes really quiet and then loud and the soundbar changes it from ARC connection to a pcm connection, it driving me nuts and want to un-pair it but don’t know how to. 

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

How is everything connected and some TV and Soundbar model numbers might help for an informed answer, I am not sure what you exactly mean by the connection changing from ARC to PCM as ARC is the connection and PCM the audio stream.

What happens if you select Volume keys control to your TV.

its connected to my tv via hdmi (the audio one) on the Hisense sound bar and speaker we have it can be connected though different ways Bluetooth, ACM and another one, I don’t have it connected to my to my virgin box at all, when I press the volume buttons it turns it up and down but before we had virgin it was 2 number different in volume but with virgin it about 10 numbers different in volume, when the volume dips it goes really quiet for a few seconds and goes back to normal and that’s when it shows the PCM audio. 
It’s hard to explain it as I don’t really understand the sound bar but this the one we have and description about it, on the display on the sound bar it says ACM but when the volume dips it’s says PCM audio 

The Hisense HS218 soundbar has been designed to upgrade your existing audio. With 4 speakers and a wireless subwoofer delivering 200w superior audio, together with Dolby audio technology it will upgrade your TV sound instantly. The wireless subwoofer brings depth to your sound experience, which can be independently controlled via the remote. Bluetooth technology ensures easy connection to your smart devices. The HS218 comes with 3 pre-set modes, which allow for easy switching - meaning you'll always have the perfect sound set up.

So just to clarify thing's the TV (What TV), is connected by HDMI-ARC to your soundbar and the 360 is connected to your TV by HDMI, anything else connected to the TV.

What's the 360 audio setting and have you tried the 3 options follow content, pcm 2.0 and pcm 5.1.

What audio mode setting do you have set on your TV.

sorry I have a blaupunkt 48/1480-GB-11B-FEGP-UK(model) nothing else connected other than Xbox one.  

I have tried all the 3 setting on 360, follow content, pcm 2.0 and the pcm 5.1 and it does the same thing on all of them, at the moment it’s on follow content, 

We was using the soundbar on Xbox annd amazon fire stick we didn’t have this problem only seems to be affecting the 360. 

I would try removing the Xbox and fire stick and just try the 360 on it's own and then see if the volume goes up and down on it's own.

Thank you, I’ll give that a try and see if it stops. 😊