Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All4 on new 360 box

Hi,

Just received and setup my new TV 360 box.

Can't seem to be able watch catch-up on All4 - shows have a locked padlock icon on (was trying to watch Bake Off Extra Slice and clicking play does nothing). 

Still can't believe that Netflix/Amazon Prime Video don't support Dolby Atmos - guess will stick to using my Blu-ray player for Netflix for the Dolby Atmos audio.

Look forward to new updates coming soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: All4 on new 360 box

I have the padlock icon - but they play when I enter my PIN.

@gryphon2 wrote:

Hi,

Just received and setup my new TV 360 box.

Can't seem to be able watch catch-up on All4 - shows have a locked padlock icon on (was trying to watch Bake Off Extra Slice and clicking play does nothing). 

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Plays fine on my 360.  It asks for my PIN though to enable playback as it says the content is "age restricted" - that's what the padlock means.  You may need to go to the parental controls section and set a pin (default is 1234) or enter the default.

20200926_173221.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did think that parental control might be the issue, but I disabled that during setup.  Wasn't even prompted to enter PIN on trying to watch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Seems to have resolved itself. Think just a case of "bedding in time".

So far I like some aspects of the new platform but the recording options is woefully inadequate compared to the V6. Hopefully that will be rectified with a future update

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I agree. TiVo is the best recordings management system in the world, and 360 isn't as good in that area yet.

Dont get me wrong, 360 is definitely the better box. It's miles better at the way it manages Catch Up, Box Sets and Movies and looks 10 x better, plus the voice control enables you to get to everything quicker than with the V6. Anyway, it will be fixed in an imminent release
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In your opinion, TV 360 is better than V6 - I, personally, disagree.

’looks better’ - so what?

Voice control faster than menu system - again disagree.

What is going to be fixed? You don’t say.

If you are saying that the scheduling system will come somewhere near TiVo, I may change my mind.

My and many others’ use of this type of equipment is to schedule recordings of broadcast programs.

TV 360 needs to get this right to have any chance of success. TV 360 is currently woefully poor in this area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos