cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All past & future recordings disappeared

JeffB2
Tuning in

I seem to have had issues since my over air upgrade of my Virgin tv box to 360 which I thought I had resolved some weeks ago by doing a full factory reset/format.  I was losing recordings and log in info for Apps ,, Netflix,  BBC etc

We have been away for 3 weeks & at one point when attempting to set up another series recording, got the message that the box was offline. Later it seemed OK & I set 3 programs.  When returning home today, all my old series recordings have disappeared, as have the planned.

I have done a factory reset, keeping the (few) recordings from my remote set up & the box dud a software download.  Any advice or is it a real issue with the box ,,, I wish I hadn't upgraded to 360 as it worked perfectly previously 

Any advice appreciated

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it has done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it has done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

delboy8
Tuning in
It's a issue with the software changing from a V6 to tv360. Took me 5 weeks of hard work to get Virgin to sent me a replacement V6 as I will never go to tv360 again. If they insist in the future they there is only tv360 available I will cancel my tv contract.

I have just gone through the usual with customer services ,, yes, auto delete is off etc . "all is fine I have checked at this end"  "you will not have any more problems "

,,,, so, after the call,  having set up a couple of planned recordings, I powered off the box after as I said I would 》》》 and all disappeared 

I then called back & after the usual conversation I am getting an engineer out on Tuesday.  However, if the problem is not evident then, I will get charged,, hmmmm. This is an intermittent issue so it may not thus time !  But, the issue is a real issue.. let's see what happens Tuesday.  Everything I read here points to needing a new box. I wish I had kept the V6 box as it was as it worked perfectly for two years +

roy247
Community elder

Hi Jeff,

Pretty sure the engineer will replace the box whether he see's the problem or not, I have had my 360 boxes for 2 and a half years with no problem so it's not an inherent software problem, it's more a case of some of the older Arris V6 boxes not liking the software.

fergiet
Superfast

Just had the same thing. TV 360 box all recordings lost. Did all the checks and reboots fine for a day then all gone again.

Phoned and after being cut off 3 times they agreed to send a new box.

Virgin customer service seems to have gone downhill lately. 

Just insist on a replacement box 

Good luck 🤞

The engineer arrived today & after a few checks replaced the box. It was the same 'old' Arris box rather than the new 360 I was hoping/expecting, but hopefully all will be OK 

Jeff