cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 4 boxsets

Woohoo360
Joining in

Hi,

When I browse for a All4 TV show via boxsets, I only get the option to record upcoming episodes. However if I go to the All4 app, I can stream all episodes immediately. For example, Frasier and Father Ted. 

Is there a way to browse and stream the same content via boxsets instead of using the app? 

Strangely, when I first browse a show on boxsets it will say "watch" but if I click "episodes" and go back to that same episode I only get "record".

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the case of both ITV-Hub & All-4, it can help to be clear what you're referring to..

The branded streaming apps are provided by the broadcaster themselves who are wholly responsible for the content - VM provide access to the app, but that's all.

The OnDemand programmes with the broadcaster's branding all over them are on VM's VoD platform and navigable directly from your 360's menus/guide listings.

The two sets of assets are separate & distinct, albeit with a lot of overlap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the detail.

Ill describe my scenario more to hopefully make it clearer.

If I browse for Frasier in the catch-up section, it will take me to the summary page which has the overview, episodes link etc. I also get a "watch" button for the pre selected episode.

Now if I go to the "episodes" button and find that exact episode I only get the "record" button, no "watch" at all. 

I'm not sure if by going to "episodes" I'm being transferred away from catch-up and therefore why why the watch button disappears.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the episode(s) you're having issues with?

Specific examples might help others to try replicating and see what might be going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @Woohoo360 thanks for getting back to us.

Would you be able to advise us as per japitts request?

Regards

Lee_R

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As far I understand it at the moment shows in the All4 app aren't linked in to the 360 content list in the same way as other apps like Prime Video or BBC iPlayer are.

I'd expect that will happen now the app is on the 360 boxes, but I personally wouldn't have any idea when.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BenMcr wrote:
As far I understand it at the moment shows in the All4 app aren't linked in to the 360 content list in the same way as other apps like Prime Video or BBC iPlayer are.

That's my experience too.

BBC iPlayer has always used the app and has never used VM's IP-VoD platform in the way that every other broadcaster does.

ITV, C4 & C5 have their own streaming app but also use VM's IP-VoD platform, from where content listed in the EPG is directly linked.