Menu
Sjames16
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Adding extra time on series link

I’ve set up a series link on NBA basketball, and as it sometimes overruns, I changed the time added to the end to 30 minutes. Worked fine for the first episode, but all episodes since have resorted back to the default of 5 minutes. Why does it not save the settings for the entire series?

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding extra time on series link

If you go to Settings, System, you will see Recording Settings, you can change the default settings there.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Sjames16
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I know, thanks. I don’t want to change the defaults though, can’t be adding 30 mins on to all my recordings! 

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried using the Advanced settings when you press record to set up your series link. I set up a new series link this morning and added 30 minutes to the record time to check, it has recorded 2 episodes both with an extra 30 minutes. I think this is a new option with 4.29, you may need to cancel your series link and set up a new one if you didn't use the Advanced settings option.

0 Kudos
Sjames16
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that’s exactly what I did! I also cancelled the series recording and set it up again using advanced options. I’ll try that again though

0 Kudos
TALON1973
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having had this box a week ( new customer ) , I’m gobsmacked this box doesn’t have an auto overrun option .  This was something recording devices 15 years suffered from. It’s unacceptable these days.

0 Kudos