cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a third box on installation or later

mikesh27
Joining in

Hi, 

I am ending a thirty year relationship with Sky next week and having Ultimate Volt installed the week after. 

With this I understand I get two 360 boxes, but a third box is an extra £7 a month, it was always £5 until I rang them. Is there an installation fee on top of this or does this only apply if I get it later?

Before Sky Q came out I had Sky splitters/remotes to 4 tvs. Is there a way on sending output from one Virgin 360 box to two TVs. The two TVs have 2 to 4 HDMI ports so we wouldn't be stuck the same thing.

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mike,

The info below is from the VM Shop page.

"New customers: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes.

Existing customers adding TV: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes."

Unless VM have made a booboo and not updated their web pages then it's still £5 per month and not £7 per month for any additional boxes after the first additional box.

If you add a third box at a later date then you would have to pay the additional installation fee.

I can't comment on whether you'd be able to send output from one 360 to another TV as it's not supported by VM and I haven't seen any posts indicating that it's possible.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave.

When I first enquired about VM Ultimate Volt was £89 a month and free installation plus £50 off first bill. By the time I had decided to take it on it was £85 a month and £35 installation. The £50 was still deducted so the first bill will be £105, payable at the end of the first month (one month used, one month in advance 2 x £60, plus £35 installation less £50. £25 paid to O2 directly every month).

The sales guys at Virgin do seem very creative with their pricing which is why I questioned the £7 and as you say it's £5 and I will ring them before the installation to get this confirmed in writing.