cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account error CS1011, new Virgin signup

Tazzim
Joining in

I am a new Virgin setup since last Tuesday, 8.2.22. I have good internet but no TV via the 360 box. Account error code CS1011. I have now called up Virgin 3 times to ask for my account to be activated, no joy 😞. They wise do an engineer over next Saturday. I have doubled check all my connections and they are good! 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tazzim 

Sorry to see the problems you are having with your new 360 sevice.

CS1011 is an account retrieval error message. It usually means that the box itself hasn't been linked up correctly with your VM account.

The 360 needs connecting to the white coaxial cable and also an internet connection, either wired or ethernet..

Sometimes rebooting the box clears that error.

have you tried calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the 360 box? If not give that a try,  you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

You could also try  speaking to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

If they can't manage it then they usually pass it to 2nd line support, and if that fails then they send out an enginerr to swap the box for another one.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Tazzim

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. 

How are things looking since your post, have you managed to get things up and running? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

A Technician is coming this Saturday morning to have a look. The V6 box tries to download then shuts down and restart, it gets a far as the Wellcome screen 😞. At least I can use my Fire Stick and internet 😊