Menu
SC90NYG
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Access to HDD on upgraded V6 box?

Hi all,

Had my virgin installed yesterday and now upgraded to TV360 online which is due Monday.

From another post on here despite them indicating I'd be getting 2 new boxes, it's likely I'll just receive 2 new remotes and will be doing a software upgrade in my existing V6 boxes.

If that's the case, do I still have access to the HDD in the V6 box that will now technically be the 'mini' box or will the HDD just become useless?

If I do have access to the HDD, what benefits does that present?

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access to HDD on upgraded V6 box?

Hello

If you are upgrading the software on the v6 boxes then both boxes will act like a full v360 so you will have access to both hard drives, the benefits are if one box goes down you will only loose half of the recordings and not all of them, you will have twice as much storage i.e. 2Tb instead of 1Tb, both boxes will have a large pause instead of the mini limited at around 3/4 minutes.

As a side note beware that the upgrade of software will wipe everything from both drives, recording, series links etc.

If you are upgrading on the Ultimate Oomph package you will get new boxes, and will get one v360 and one v360 mini.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos