cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute waste of hardware.

dmacuk
On our wavelength

My hardware got upgraded to the new remote control a few months ago.

It has to be the buggiest (??) software ever. Misses recordings, won't play recordings, reboots randomly, slow as pouring treacle sometimes.

The old software knew that an episode had been recorded. if I delete an episode, it goes ahead and records that episode again when it is repeated.

Is there anywhere to see which series I have setup for recording, you could in the old box.

Can I have the software reverted?

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

There is no series link manager to see what series links are set on the 360 like you had with the TiVo V6.

When setting a series link select the Advanced settings and then select New Only, you usually have the following options;

This episode only, From this episode onwards, All from series xx only, All from series xx and onwards, New episodes only and All available episodes.

The random reboots maybe a sign of a failing box.

Tavis75
Super solver

Unfortunately, getting switched back to the V6 is almost impossible, I've heard of one or two people managing it, but usually only when they were mis-sold or were switched when they shouldn't have been and hadn't agreed to it. Eventually everyone will be moved over as the V6 software is licensed from TiVo whereas the 360 software is developed in-house by Liberty Global.

As well as the issues you've mentioned the following features are also missing; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, default recording options, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

dmacuk
On our wavelength

In other words, a major step backwards 😞

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Anyone who refers to TV360 as an upgrade misunderstands what it is. It is no more an upgrade than changing from Apple iOS to Android or vice-versa.

It is a change of TV platform software. Both have pros & cons, although TiVo-software development has now finished - TV360 is very active.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in

Japitts nicely explains V6 to 360 isn’t an upgrade, but a totally different system. However, Virgin Media employees, whether on the phone, or a visiting engineer do not tell you that. Is this not miss selling?

dmacuk
On our wavelength

I was told it was an improvement, a comp-lete step back if you ask me.