cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AV Sender: Watching TV 360 in Other Rooms (without multiroom)

flipflop104
On our wavelength

Hello

I currently have the old TiVo and am considering upgrading to the TV 360 as per this post and this post.

The current set-up is that we use an AV sender to send the picture/signal upstairs to a TV in the bedroom - this also uses an infra-red wire/attachment so we can change the channel upstairs with a second remote control.

flipflop104_0-1681815737965.png

If I decide to accept the new TV 360 box will we be able to still use the TV 360 and AV sender in the same way?   And will we be able to change channels/access recorded programs with a remote control on the TV upstairs?  I was hoping to unplug the scart from the TiVo and straight into the new TV 360 so that we're up-and-running immediately.

We don't need multi-room as we don't watch stuff separately and don't want to pay the extra cost for multi-room (unless it's a like a one-off payment of about £20) plus there's no cable upstairs either so I guess it'd need some sort of "installation" to have cable upstairs for the mini 360 box to work?  And we're not bothered about it being an HD transmission to the upstairs TV either (as it isn't atm).

Not sure if this is relevant, but the current TVs, while they are smart TVs, they are old smart TVs (probably over 10+ years old but perfectly functional so don't want to replace them) - main one in living room is Samsung UE55F6670SB and bedroom is LG LF590V

The current AV sender uses RCA (red, white & yellow) cables out of the sender/receiver; and scarts into the bedroom TV/TiVo.

If the current set-up isn't going to work, how can I replicate the current set-up, please?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The current set up won't work as the 360 only has a hdmi port, there is a mini scart port but it's disabled, there's no simple solution, you could try an hdmi spliter with an hdmi to scart converter but this tends to be unreliable, also the 360 remote uses Bluetooth rather than ir, it may or may not work your box from upstairs, you can also only have one Bluetooth remote for the 360, however it will execpt ir commands and some universal remotes will work it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The current set up won't work as the 360 only has a hdmi port, there is a mini scart port but it's disabled, there's no simple solution, you could try an hdmi spliter with an hdmi to scart converter but this tends to be unreliable, also the 360 remote uses Bluetooth rather than ir, it may or may not work your box from upstairs, you can also only have one Bluetooth remote for the 360, however it will execpt ir commands and some universal remotes will work it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ohh this is disappointing but thank you for your helpful response so I know what I'm (not, lol) dealing with.  Will probably hold off upgrading for now then.  Thank you for letting me know before I upgraded.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All analogue connections like SCART sockets are now obselete. The only output from V6 & V360 boxes is HDMI. So to use your existing senders you will also now need an HDMI to SCART Digital/Analogue converter. Make sure any converter you buy is HDCP 2.2 compliant or it will not handshake with the Virgin box & the video output won't decode. The same applies whether you have a TiVO V6 or a V360.

I have removed your duplicate post from the V6 forum as it is against forum rules to multiple post on the same subject.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Ok, thanks for your helpful reply about the converter.

I didn't realise I shouldn't post in different forums with the same question - thought I'd only get response from TV360 people in this forum and only response from V6 people in the other forum as I wouldn't look in both when I had one type of box.  Sorry!

You can migrate to a 360 with minis, but if you're not prepared to pay for that then internal aerials for Freeview plus streaming devices such as the Fire TV Stick could work well.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Would that set-up enable me to watch the TiVo V6 recorded programmes on the upstairs TV?