Menu
roy247
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A positive thing about 360

Lost all Virgin services last night for about 25 minutes, TV, broadband, landline and mobile.

Had a series link programme only partially recorded, the good news is the 360 has automatically set it to record today when it is repeated. Don't remember Tivo doing that.

Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: A positive thing about 360

I think you're right, TiVo would record the repeat if it had missed the program completely, but as you say, don't think it would re-record if it got a partial recording.

Although on thinking about it, rather than being a feature, is this not just the issue that "New only" doesn't exist for V360 series links, so the repeat would have been recorded even if you hadn't had the issue that stopped the original recording? So it's a bug that's worked in a helpful way on this occasion, and may actually disappear as a feature once the bug is fixed.

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No, I don't believe the V6 did that either.  That's quite a cool feature.

I personally love the 360 (apart from the picture quality) and I am hopeful all the little niggles will be ironed out in the coming months.

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quick update,

The 360 has recorded the repeated episode and also deleted the partially recorded version without me having to do anything.

Not bad I suppose.