Time for some positivity! After hearing mainly negative reviews of the new TV 360 service, I had it installed yesterday and LOVE it! I previously had two V6 boxes.
Here's what I like:
• The Humax main box purrs like a kitten - much quieter than my previous V6
• Love the new interface, clean and modern. Some parts remind me of Sky Q but I prefer this
• I would not describe TV 360 as an upgrade over TiVo V6 - I'd describe it more as a 'different TV experience'
• Swapping between channels is instant
• I see a very slight improvement in picture over the V6, and that was already perfect!
• General volume appears louder
• Love the mini box minus its hard drive - literally a silent night's sleep now without the whirring of a hard drive
• Love the new remote - and its lights 🙂
• Like the fact you can view the software version from the Settings menu, which tells you what improvements have been made
• Some menus lag ever so slightly, doesn't feel quite as smooth as Sky Q - I'm sure this can be improved in future updates
• I understand what people are saying about taking longer to do certain tasks (e.g. set subtitles). But this doesn't bother me too much as it forces you to explore the new system and find how things work
I was worried I wouldn't like TV 360 after reading several posts here, but I am REALLY pleased. I remember Sky Q launching with a number of bugs and 'moans', all of which were improved over time. I'm sure Virgin will do the same and make this a truly great product!
I agree with you guys i much prefer the software than Tivo's. The only thing that really needs sorting is better series link controls and restoring deleted show which we know is planned to be added and I am sure there will be much more we dont know about that will get added and fixed in time. The software look feel and speed as a massive improvement. most functions have been vastly improved over Tivo. I also like the fact that any channels that had SD and HD varients they have removed the SD ones. The advantages are deffo a lot more than disadvantages
Glad people are coming out and saying positive things about 360 now
I too prefer it over the old interface. its slicker and easier to get to where you want to in the menus quicker. Picture and sound quality definately better than old system. Speed of starting playing recordings slightly quicker and for me all apps work first time every time unlike the old system
Series link isn't too much of a problem for me I can put up with the deletions for now. Only issue I had was sound lag and dropouts at beginning. I solved them by linking 360 direct to soundbar with optical cable instead of sending sound via TV first
So impressed with it I've signed up for another 18 months
you can still record quickly press the record button on the show and then choose series link or record programme. the other things will hopefully get added in future, we know they are looking into better series link support similar to TiVo options. When you search on the box Amazon Prime has been added so hopefully more will be added in the future
if you start a program to record once it has started then if the program is repeated the 360 will automatically schedule the full program to then record the full version. You need to keep an eye on your planned recordings especially if you have series links as the same episodes can record again. The option to record new only is just around the never ending bend.