cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Plea for Help Please

Bengie
Superfast

I upgraded my box to 350, (well I didn't, a neighbour did it for me). but cannot use it.  I am 80 years old disabled with only one arm and can't handle the remote buttons, they are small and not standing proud and impossible for me to use.

Is there any way I can revert my box back or change if for the old model so I can use my old remote?

If there is a way then please help me, tv is all I have to do now a days.

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Out of interest, what was your reason for choosing to convert to TV360?

Except when changing to a package that contains Paramount+ or Disney+, a conversion from TiVo/V6 > TV360 is completely voluntary. What made you request it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They upgraded me for my new contract.  I couldn't really understand all that was being said because of the accent,  but I did agree the price and the upgrade to BB and TV,

I had no idea it was such a big change until it was up and running.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, VM sales strike again.

Many sales agents will try to encourage TV360 migration as part of a re-contract process, but will be very frugal with two particular points that are pertinent in your case

1: The contract package is totally independent & separate from your choice of TV box software, save in the Paramount & Disney scenarios mentioned above.

2: TV360 is totally different software and - as you've identified - is fundamentally not TiVo. Calling it an upgrade is much like saying that a move from Apple to Android (or vice-versa) is an upgrade.

I will follow the outcome of this thread with interest, as the conversion process is usually non-reversible except in a few isolated cases where VM (based on the posted facts) have appeared to be at fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you japitts, I hope there is some help out there with a way to go back or swopping the box for one not updated.  I think it's the V6 box I have.

Hi @Bengie 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the 360 remote. 
We unfortunately do not offer an alternative remote for 360 customers at this time, however there is a voice search and control feature on the remote to help navigate our entertainment menus and channels that may further assist customers with additional needs. 

I have linked here the 360 guide which also has a page for the remote if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you Carley.  I just can't use the buttons, my fingers won't let me.  Can't Virgin swop the box, they must have returned boxes, i'll gladly pay postage if necessary.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Technically it's not just a box-swap, TV360 operates on a completely different software platform to that of TiVo/V6 and once you've mgrated across - you can't just change back because of buyer's remorse.

I'm more intrigued by what was said on the call with your neighbour, that led to you/them accepting an invitation to convert. That would make or break a potential argument for mis-selling

Bengie
Superfast

It's a V6 that has been upgraded, there must be non upgraded V6 boxes either new or returned.

Why upgrade - Aren't newer things meant to be better ?  We upgrade our computers, televisions and cars for newer models.

This isn't buyers remorse, I was not told the handset was so small and being old and disabled isn't by choice.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bengie wrote:

It's a V6 that has been upgraded, there must be non upgraded V6 boxes either new or returned.

Why upgrade - Aren't newer things meant to be better ?  We upgrade our computers, televisions and cars for newer models.

Your V6 has been migrated, not upgraded.

This situation has come about through Virgin Media being sold to the Liberty Global group. They operate loads of cable services across Europe, & Horizon (the firmware platform that drives V360) is theirs. Obviously, they are wanting to save money, so want to encourage VM customers to migrate to their own TV platform & then they can stop paying TiVO for using their kit as well. Also Virgin are moving to full fibre operation soon, making all V6 boxes, which use RF broadcast technology obsolete.  Any move back to V6 (if you do manage to get it) will therefore be temporary.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993