Menu
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

4k streaming on tv360

Can the VM team help with a query or do members of the community know the answer.

I have two tv360  upgraded v6 boxes and 2 4K TVs. If one of the tv360 has a recordings on it in 4K and I watch it on the other box, is it streamed between the boxes over wifi in 4K and therefore watchable in 4k from the other box 

Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1
Wifi Plus
VM Telly Tablet
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4k streaming on tv360

Hello

Not 100% sure what you are asking, if a 4K recording is on another box and you watch it then yes it will be streamed over wireless to the playing box from the box that it is recorded on. If you boxes are connected by Ethernet then it will stream via Ethernet.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It will stream in 4K from and to either box - but will only playback in 4K if watched on a 4K tv.

@jonathanpye wrote:

Can the VM team help with a query or do members of the community know the answer.

I have two tv360  upgraded v6 boxes and 2 4K TVs. If one of the tv360 has a recordings on it in 4K and I watch it on the other box, is it streamed between the boxes over wifi in 4K and therefore watchable in 4k from the other box 

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ozsat wrote:

It will stream in 4K from and to either box - but will only playback in 4K if watched on a 4K tv.

@jonathanpye wrote:

Many Thanks for clarifying.

Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1
Wifi Plus
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos