cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k Upscalimg

jamesredfern
Superfast

Why is the 360 box so poor at upscaling? My tv seems to do such a better job. I tend to set at 1080 and let the tv upscale but miss out on the native 4k content offered on the 360 box. I'm really starting to think that it doesn't have the horsepower the software is demanding. Can we please have v6 style scaling?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jamesredfern 

It must be the way the 360 software/codecs are written compared to the V6  as the hardware is exactly the same.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @jamesredfern 

It must be the way the 360 software/codecs are written compared to the V6  as the hardware is exactly the same.

Yeah. The hardware is the same so must be the software. Same as my old laptop...runs Linux perfectly but crap using Windows 11. I do wish that resolutions could be set/bypassed like the v6. I don't for one minute think virgin media have any software developers for the 360 and just rely on the ziggo developers to make changes. So if its not missed there it won't happen here. 

ozsat
Superstar

The V6 could switch between 1080 and 2160 depending on the channel source but the 360 is fixed at just one selection.

Really needs the V6 'automatic' to follow the channel rather than pick the best available with the tv.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

My recollection is that it took years of pressure until VM got us upgrades which enabled the V6 to pass through video resolutions.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection