Menu
robertbramble41
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360TV Box feedback

So I like a lot of things about this new Virgin TV experience but I'd like to add some things to what others have had to say about what's missing. I hate that when recording a show I can't go to the channel, if the program is still being recorded, rewind back without having to go to the saved section. If I'm watching a channel I can't change the channel and change back without it still recording that channel. If recording and I'm watching another program and I go to the channel I'm recording it'll give an option to go live or start from the beginning if I choose start from the top it'll go to streaming instead of what you're recording. I can't retrieve recently deleted. There are other things big and small missing  the 360 box that where available with the V6 box. I don't understand, why remove great stuff and ease of use. The 360 experience is good but it could've been great, there was no UX removed from the other Virgin box when upgrading to the V6 box so why do this. As a customer I feel short charged, my experience has been made worse with these changes. 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360TV Box feedback

I get what you  are saying I feel the same with the missing functions, but overall its a much better system. It is a completely new system so been started from scratch. Horizon 4 is 2 years old so i cant understand why these functions haven't been added yet. If Tivo can have them, then it must be possible for them to be added to horizon. I guess we will just have to wait. I can see that a lot of customers will not be happy losing this important functions. They need to be added quickly. It is wrong for Virgin to call this an upgrade and better service when there are so many usual functions the Tivo software had that are now missing. at the moment the UI and everything is an upgrade but because of the missing functions seems more of a downgrade. I do prefer the new system its just virgin need to get the missing functions added quickly or they may lose customers.

0 Kudos
kantblue
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi all
I agree that Virgin Media need to get the missing TIVO functions added as quickly as possible, but there are a couple of features the new software has that have made this a better system for me and this might affect others too.

The upgrade process went very smoothly and I like the new interface.

The new benefits of the software/firmware update are that it works so much better with my soundbars.

Firstly you can setup the remote to work directly with a Sonos Playbar - this was a rigmorole with the V6 Tivo.

I also found my Cambridge Minx audio bar could be setup to work with the new software - this never worked with the V6 Tivo,

You can set the converted V6 box to output everything in Dolby 5.1 - with the Tivo software I had to constantly switch the audio back to the TV speaker and then back to the Sonos Playbar when switching between HD and SD channels. I realise this might have been caused by the TV and not the Tivo box but no matter its working fine now.

The interface seems quite fast though it is certainly different ! I thought the Profile system would be a gimmick but actually it's quite useful and easy to use.

kantblue

irenton
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I agree. In fact I am regretting updating from the TiVo 6 box as I am finding so many things I do not like with the new 360 box. Little things like no stop button, no my shows button. As far as I can tell there is no button to hit to go forward 24 hours on the guide. You scroll up the guide to the “Today” button and hit ok then select the day you want and you need to do this every time you want to change days.  You cannot recover a deleted show so if you accidentally delete one, too bad it is gone. I don’t even like the new menu system which I don’t think is an improvement. If you set up a series link don’t be surprised when an episode is recorded more than once and when you go to watch it, thinking it is a new episode, you discover you have already watched it. 
You receive 2 remotes which is great, until you discover you can bin one as you can only pair one of the remotes at a time. With the TiVo you could use as many remotes as you wanted including older ones.
I usually embrace new technology but I regret this upgrade.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@irenton wrote:

Little things like no stop button, no my shows button. As far as I can tell there is no button to hit to go forward 24 hours on the guide. You scroll up the guide to the “Today” button and hit ok then select the day you want and you need to do this every time you want to change days.  

You receive 2 remotes which is great, until you discover you can bin one as you can only pair one of the remotes at a time. With the TiVo you could use as many remotes as you wanted including older ones.
I usually embrace new technology but I regret this upgrade.

For Stop press the back button or pause button, TV button also stops and puts you back to TV.

In the EPG pressing the  fast forward button takes you forward 24 hours.

If you only have one set top box then you should have only received one remote. The additional remote is for a second box.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos