cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigbadben
On our wavelength

Ho my god is 360 suppose to be an upgrade, it's crap 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ can I have the old system back please 

Recordings will not play Cs code ??

So you reset box and it wipes all your recording off .

My mum is 88 so I thought it would make it easier for her , NOPE  thought wrong 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you've chosen to convert a V6 into a TV360, in which case there's plenty of threads on this forum documenting the differences between the platforms, and that the conversion is voluntary at this time.

As for resetting the TV360 without losing recordings, there is an option when you choose factory reset to keep your recordings - choose that.

Edited to add that creating duplicate threads isn't going to alter the advice - threads have been merged.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Should have done some research. Plenty discussion on here of the migration to TV 360.

No, you can’t revert to TiVo.

It would be useful to know the CS code to help.

I’ve personally never lost recordings by resetting correctly.

You did, indeed, think wrong. Refer to sentence one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Bigbadben
On our wavelength

Should we be actually paying less for 360 as it's not as good as the original virgin system , only good thing is talking to a remote control....whoopy do .

Obviously teething problems, but I'm trying to find out how to reset the 360 box correctly without losing my recording ,so have been informed I did it wrong I must have missed that memo . It's not in the booklet and I wasn't informed of the problem , which should have been rectified by now , typical virgin only half job .

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you've chosen to convert a V6 into a TV360, in which case there's plenty of threads on this forum documenting the differences between the platforms, and that the conversion is voluntary at this time.

As for resetting the TV360 without losing recordings, there is an option when you choose factory reset to keep your recordings - choose that.

Edited to add that creating duplicate threads isn't going to alter the advice - threads have been merged.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bigbadben 

You haven't said what the CS error code is yet, however there should be help available on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/which-error-code 

If you are wanting to perform a  factory reset then go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

The following page has lot's of useful tips on using the 360

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Bigbadben
On our wavelength

Anyone else having trouble with TV and net over the last few days . TV locks up will not change channel

360 is definitely rubbish , you can't put new software on a box 15yrs old 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️, community will now defend how great it is 😂😂🤣🤣😂

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

🎈

PS The V6 is only 6 years old, 2016.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bigbadben wrote:

Anyone else having trouble with TV and net over the last few days . TV locks up will not change channel

360 is definitely rubbish , you can't put new software on a box 15yrs old 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️, community will now defend how great it is 😂😂🤣🤣😂

Are  you saying that the 360 locks up?

It may well be the 360 remote and not the 360 set top box.

If the remote appears to have stopped working wiggle it a few times. You should also make sure the the Power Saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Bigbadben
On our wavelength

When I originally asked for 360 I thought I would get an ungraded v7 or w7 box 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ as the V6 came out in 2014 , TV went blank ,its not the remote control , so I had to reset the box by the switch on the box

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bigbadben wrote:

When I originally asked for 360 I thought I would get an ungraded v7 or w7 box 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ as the V6 came out in 2014 , TV went blank ,its not the remote control , so I had to reset the box by the switch on the box

Is it the actual TV going blank? Or is it the display from the 360?

What error messages are shown when the screen is blank, also is it happening on live TV, through apps, catch up services etc and if so which ones?

The more info you provide then the more help can be advised.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable and /or port?

High Speed. Standard Speed HDMI cables are not guaranteed to work and may cause issues with the picture and sound.

The  HDMI cable should be HDCP2.2 compliant.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.