Menu
Djc692010
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I’m getting 2 new 360 boxes. Got the new remote controls. Can I upgrade my current TiVo with 360 software or do I have to wait for new boxes. I don’t want to programme remotes then find they won’t work when I get the 2 new boxes ?? Can anyone help please 

0 Kudos
thrice
Dialled in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360

If you have received the remotes then it sounds like you will be upgrading your existing V6 boxes. I did the same. I don't think it works for the original TiVo boxes. You will shortly find an upgrade link appears. Just follow the instructions and it will all be done for you. I found the process very quick and simple and everything worked a treat.

0 Kudos
Djc692010
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Will the remotes still when I get new boxes
0 Kudos
thrice
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo 'peanut' remotes will no longer work with the 360 boxes (either new boxes or updated V6 boxes). They can be recycled. The 360 remotes are smaller, slim, and rectangular with a motion-activated backlight. They also have a 'profiles' button on the side.
0 Kudos
Djc692010
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I want to know if I upgrade the software on my current boxes and use the new remotes now When I get the new boxes will I be able to reprogramme the new remotes to then work with the new boxes instead
0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you can upgrade your existing boxes they won't be sending new ones 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Djc692010 wrote:
I want to know if I upgrade the software on my current boxes and use the new remotes now When I get the new boxes will I be able to reprogramme the new remotes to then work with the new boxes instead

If you have already received two brand new 360 remotes then you should see an option on your existing V6 to update to 360. If this is so, then you will NOT be receiving new boxes. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Rising star
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Djc692010 wrote:

If you were getting new boxes I am pretty sure the remotes would have been in the same package as the new boxes.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI there @Djc692010

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry for the confusion with your new upgrade! 

I think our community have answered this pretty clearly but I just wanted to clarify. If you have Tivo boxes then you will need to wait until you receive new V6 boxes to then use the remotes with, however if you already have V6 boxes then these will be upgraded by the remotes and no new boxes will be sent. 

Please let me know if that helps at all? Thank you! 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Djc692010
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for your help

0 Kudos