cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 - where's my mini?

mariom
On our wavelength

I have two 360 boxes (they were V6) and don't need both - one is used by the kids for streaming. How do I swap to a mini and why has this never been proposed as an option? I'm paying £10 extra a month effectively... not really impressed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The costs are the same for an additional box, doesn't matter what type it is. On current pricing the first one is £10 and the second one is £5

That applies if it's a V6, a V6 converted to 360 or a 360 Mini.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A V6 converts into a 360-master and retains its hard-drive storage.

A 360-mini doesn't have a hard drive of its own, and slaves from the master box. So you're effectively asking to swap a master for a mini.

It may well be that the second box is included in your package, but your bills & contract should help with that. What do they say? Feel free to post up a redacted (personal details blanked out) copy if you want someone else to check it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The costs are the same for an additional box, doesn't matter what type it is. On current pricing the first one is £10 and the second one is £5

That applies if it's a V6, a V6 converted to 360 or a 360 Mini.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

mariom
On our wavelength

Thanks for the responses and explanations. I have since cancelled my second V6 (both are upgraded to 360) and plugged in a Roku, which provides the YouTube and Netflix access that my family actually use in that room.