Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

360: where is the radio guide to schedule recordings?

On my previous box, the Guide included radio schedules. The interface for recordings included TV & Radio. How do I find the equivalent in the 360 world?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360: where is the radio guide to schedule recordings?

Radio stations don't show in the TV guide itself on the 360 box.

You can get to the radio stations either via the Radio option on the right of the Guide menu when you press Home. Or via the Radioline app.

I believe that the BBC Sounds app is also now available.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I can find the Radio stations but can only listen to them live.

The BBC Sounds app doesn't have a programme schedule or allow downloads to the 360.

Is the conclusion that the 360 offers less functionality for Radio - no Guide, no ability to record shows or series any more?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not currently no.

I'm pretty sure that radio stations as TV channels were originally put there for there for the oldest V boxes before TiVo and V6 boxes and Internet connection for the boxes. If I remember correctly they've been around since before cable had a PVR at all, as they replaced FM feeds that some cable regions offered for analogue customers.

But radio as TV means there is a limited amount of space for them as they take up space that could be used for full TV channels. Whereas if they're delivered through apps then more stations can be made available, although they can't then be recorded by the TV tuners in the main 360 box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Once again, thanks for the quick reply. It is pretty disappointing for me that this upgrade means I can no longer record future radio programmes. For me, the 360 box no longer offers an advantage over computers or portables where radio is concerned - and Apps are already available on Smart TVs themselves.

0 Kudos