cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 volume control and Sony Bavaria KDL tv

Rossco1967
Tuning in

My mum had a sky Tv full package and her remote control worked it all including her tv, power, volume. 
My mum now has a 360 virgin media package and the only thing I cannot get to work is the volume control with the tv!…..

The power button works but no volume control and virgin suggests “some older models might not work” how can sky do it but virgin can’t!  - brand new? 
Can anybody help? 
We might have to go back to sky!….

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rossco1967 

The Sony Bavaria KDL TV's are fairly old models. The letter K has been used as a prefix for Sony TVs for at least 20 years.

The two letters after the K (the D and L in your case) have changed over the years to designate what type of TV it is - CRT, Projection, Plasma, OLED, LCD, etc. In your case, the KDL prefix simply indicates the TV is an LCD type model.

What you need to input is part of the actual model/device number

It should be in the format of KDL-40R450B or KDL-40R453B  or KDL- 55EX645

When pairing the 360 with the TV you should try inputting the first 4 characters after the screen size.

Examples using the above three models.

For the KDL-40R450B you would input R450 (the 4 characters after the screen size which was 40)

For the KDL-40R453B you would input R453 (the 4 characters after the screen size which was 40)

For the KDL- 55EX645 you would input EX64 (the 4 characters after the screen size which was 55)

If that doesn't work then you should try the key testing method.

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rossco1967 

The Sony Bavaria KDL TV's are fairly old models. The letter K has been used as a prefix for Sony TVs for at least 20 years.

The two letters after the K (the D and L in your case) have changed over the years to designate what type of TV it is - CRT, Projection, Plasma, OLED, LCD, etc. In your case, the KDL prefix simply indicates the TV is an LCD type model.

What you need to input is part of the actual model/device number

It should be in the format of KDL-40R450B or KDL-40R453B  or KDL- 55EX645

When pairing the 360 with the TV you should try inputting the first 4 characters after the screen size.

Examples using the above three models.

For the KDL-40R450B you would input R450 (the 4 characters after the screen size which was 40)

For the KDL-40R453B you would input R453 (the 4 characters after the screen size which was 40)

For the KDL- 55EX645 you would input EX64 (the 4 characters after the screen size which was 55)

If that doesn't work then you should try the key testing method.

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi Rossco1967,

I used to have a Sony KDL-32EX503 paired to the mini box and the volume control worked, probably used the key testing method and had to try a few before one worked.

none have worked! What a pain

This didn’t work. 
the tv is a Sony KDL-40R483B

i tried R483 but nothing happened! 
the power button works but not volume so I am thinking it should work! 

as for the virgin box - when it says we found another code press ok I am thinking I don’t think so again!……

thanks for your help - better than virgin so far. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Rossco1967 

Insert new batteries in the remote and try again.

It's surprising how often that works.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.