Menu
Ma4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

360 upgraded - recordings query

Help please
So our V6 box is now upgraded to a 360 and the old TiVo box ( where husband watches sport )replaced with the mini 360 

Can you record 6 things on each box as I understand only the 360 box has the hard drive??? Before we could record 3 on the old TiVo box so am I right that we now have less functionality??

Recorded sport only seemed to play back on the main tele not the one with the mini box 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 upgrade

The mini box cannot record anything, it can only playback what is on the main box

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Ma4 wrote:

Help please
So our V6 box is now upgraded to a 360 and the old TiVo box ( where husband watches sport )replaced with the mini 360 

Can you record 6 things on each box as I understand only the 360 box has the hard drive??? Before we could record 3 on the old TiVo box so am I right that we now have less functionality??

Recorded sport only seemed to play back on the main tele not the one with the mini box 

Hi,

All recordings are accessible from both boxes. You can record up to six programmes at the same time. Physically those recordings are stored on the main box but able to be watched on both. If you choose to record something on the mini box, it can likewise be viewed on both but again is stored physically on the main box.

0 Kudos
Ma4
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou

But previously it was 6 on v6 box and 3 on the old TiVo box but now only a total of 6 at same time ? ( not that it should be a problem!)

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Ma4 wrote:

Thankyou

But previously it was 6 on v6 box and 3 on the old TiVo box but now only a total of 6 at same time ? ( not that it should be a problem!)

Yes six programmes at the same time is the maximum 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Ma4 wrote:

Thankyou

That's correct. There are several other lost functions with the "upgrade" to 360.  No Wish List, no undelete of recorded programmes, the list goes on.

0 Kudos
Ma4
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes I’m not sure I should have agreed to the ‘upgrade’ !

The sport would only play back on the main tv with the 360 box( we have an engineer coming out to sort it hopefully) 

Im not really seeing advantages to the mini box???

0 Kudos
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Ma4 wrote:

The sport would only play back on the main tv with the 360 box( we have an engineer coming out to sort it hopefully) 

Im not really seeing advantages to the mini box???

It’s Basically just a bit smaller and quieter since it has no hard drive and it’s cheaper to manufacture. 

0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Ma4 wrote:

Not that it helps you, but I recently upgraded to Ultimate Oomph with 1Gig broadband and when the rep said "... and we'll send you a new mini box to replace your TiVo and upgrade your V6 to TV360" I said "No thanks".  So I've got all the channels, nice fast broadband, and stuck with one V6 and one TiVo.

0 Kudos
Ma4
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

im thinking we should have said ‘no thanks’ as well as we were quite happy with things as they were . I only rang to discuss my bill increase!

0 Kudos