cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 upgrade

Nickyp2
Tuning in

Trying to upgrade my V6 box to 360 and got the error code MA1/4/40. Tried to install over several days with no success.

Turned power off to reset the box and still couldn't upgrade.

Bit the bullet and called in to the technical team - spent ages on hold whilst they tried to force the box to upgrade with no joy. Was then told I needed a new box and they would check with their manager how these would be sent out. Then got told they would have to look into this issue further and would call back within 48 hours.

Guess what -no call back.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do next as I have no intention of wasting hours on the phone again....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nickyp2 

A few other people with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minues and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

Others have been successful by factory resetting their V6 box.  This will delete all your recordings, however this would have happened anyway as part of the 360 update.

It will however probably need VM to send a new update signal  or a tech to change the box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nickyp2 

A few other people with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minues and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

Others have been successful by factory resetting their V6 box.  This will delete all your recordings, however this would have happened anyway as part of the 360 update.

It will however probably need VM to send a new update signal  or a tech to change the box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your help Dave -I've tried all the re-set options to no avail.

I really don't want to waste another hour of my life hanging on the phone as they can't be bothered to call me back....
It just really annoys me when they offer you something for free and then can't follow up on it properly and I'm left trying to sort out their mess.

Hi Nickyp2,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your 360 migration looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Usually in these situations the agents will be able to send a replacement box to you, was this mentioned on the call? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi,

The agent initially said she would send out a replacement. When we asked would that be two boxes as that's what I currently have, (and neither would upgrade), she said she would have to check with her manager.

She then came back and said that her manager had been trying to remotely upgrade our box but was also having issues. She then said someone would call me back within 48 hours and that was the last I heard.

So, as far as I'm aware nothing is happening at all. Hence you can see why I'm getting so frustrated - Virgin offered me this upgrade and all it's causing me is a headache...

Thanks for your help

Hi Nickyp2

Thanks for coming back to us. From checking the system, looks like the order was cancelled. If you have two boxes, then it would be a 360 software for one of the boxes and then a Mini box for the other one. 

Not two 360 softwares completely to replace the existing V6 software.

Please call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we can do the change for you if you'd still like to convert to a 360 and a Mini box. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

Can you just not arrange for the boxes to be sent out to me - I really don't want to waste another hour on the phone and have to explain everything yet again?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply @Nickyp2, I can certainly take a look at this for you to see if this is something we can do from here.

I will send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time and patience on this one @Nickyp2, and I'm pleased that we were able to have this one resolved for you.

Have a lovely Christmas, and a very happy new year!

David_Bn