cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 upgrade

57john
Joining in

Can't upgrade my v6 box in my virgin media account not giving me a option for free upgrade any help thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @57john 

You should be able to upgrade from the follow link

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/virgin-tv-360/upgrade 

There's also a phone number on that page 0800 064 3850  and a link to Live Chat  (the Live Chat should also appear when signed into My Virgin Media)

You can also call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 option 4 (changes to your package)

The 360 is completely different to the V6 and TIVO boxes and you need to have broadband to use the V6 and 360 boxes. Also, once you switch to 360 you can't go back the older boixes.

The following threads relates some of the differences between TIVO/V6 and the 360 (Horizon) 

/360-Features-v-TIVO-Features 

Please note if you are one of the older obsolete packages it may require that you will also have to regrade to either Mixit or Maxit TV as part of the process and so may loose channels, mailny the extra Kids channels unless you take out the Kids Personal Pick addon for an extra fiver a month.

You can compare channels using the following link  TV Edit Channel Guide 

This link shows the various  Personal_Picks  

As indicateed above, the kids Personal Pick is £5 a month.  With the other Personal Picks, the first one you add is an extra £7 a month, any additional ones are £5 a month. You can cancel the Personal Pick at any time by giving 30 days notice. It won't affect your contract or any discounts you have.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @57john 

You should be able to upgrade from the follow link

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/virgin-tv-360/upgrade 

There's also a phone number on that page 0800 064 3850  and a link to Live Chat  (the Live Chat should also appear when signed into My Virgin Media)

You can also call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 option 4 (changes to your package)

The 360 is completely different to the V6 and TIVO boxes and you need to have broadband to use the V6 and 360 boxes. Also, once you switch to 360 you can't go back the older boixes.

The following threads relates some of the differences between TIVO/V6 and the 360 (Horizon) 

/360-Features-v-TIVO-Features 

Please note if you are one of the older obsolete packages it may require that you will also have to regrade to either Mixit or Maxit TV as part of the process and so may loose channels, mailny the extra Kids channels unless you take out the Kids Personal Pick addon for an extra fiver a month.

You can compare channels using the following link  TV Edit Channel Guide 

This link shows the various  Personal_Picks  

As indicateed above, the kids Personal Pick is £5 a month.  With the other Personal Picks, the first one you add is an extra £7 a month, any additional ones are £5 a month. You can cancel the Personal Pick at any time by giving 30 days notice. It won't affect your contract or any discounts you have.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

57john
Joining in

Newapollo thank you 👍