Menu
MallyA
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

360 upgrade

I have received my new remote and it says go to home to set up upgrade. I seem to have lost everything except saved programs. 

Is there anyway of contacting virgin as everything I've tried doesn't work and can't get through on number

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 upgrade

When you say you have lost everything do you mean you have no live TV and you only have your saved recordings. As I understand that when you start the upgrade it reformats the hard drive so your saved recordings should have been deleted, also the box will have restarted at some point.

0 Kudos
Fox35
Up to speed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes,  the V6 Tivo system, settings and all recordings are irretrievably wiped from the box during the 360 set up. You should have been informed of this in the confirmation email before you went ahead.

This process starts after you have received your new 360 remotes, then you clicked on Home>Apps>360Upgrade. The box is then wiped, and then the 360 firmware is downloaded permanently replacing the Tivo firmware. Took 10 mins for me.

All recordings and previous settings will be deleted.

0 Kudos
MallyA
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I click on Home but not able to access anything except recordings.

No option for 360 upgrade 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi MallyA,

Check in the All Apps folder as some people have found the upgrade icon in there.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
MallyA
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can't access apps 

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Has the box been restarted by the upgrade or yourself, If not I would start there as it will be the first thing virgin will tell you to do. Sounds like you haven't got anything to lose.

0 Kudos
MallyA
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

360 upgrade

Has anyone managed to upgrade with new remote?

I've tried all suggestions and been on hold to virgin for nearly an hour only to be disconnected!

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes plenty of people have I upgraded both my V6 boxes with no problems, Did you start the upgrade process at all and did it crash or have you not been able to start the process ?

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mally,

I take it the restart didn't do anything. 

What does the box do when you turn it on, any errors, can you access any TV, also how did you restart the box, restart from settings or power off and on from the mains.

Did you receive a text message to activate 360, I am not sure if you get one with a software upgrade but you do if you receive replacement boxes.

0 Kudos