Menu
Burlo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

360 upgrade 😫

I have been invited to upgrade to 360 the new all singing and dancing system from Virgin media.

I thought I’ll leave it till I had some time to follow the instructions without being called away I certainly wasn’t expecting 3 to 5 working days.

first concern was uploading your channels left that for 6 hours and no further forward next day, rang virgin only to find out that signal will not be transmitted till 06:00 Monday morning, text from virgin “you are all ready to go” switched on and currently have a blank screen nothing nada zip etc.

been on the phone today nearing 2 hours, turned boxes off reset modem etc etc still no joy put me through to all the technical teams and their response is sorry we are not trained on this system I’ll have someone call you back in 3 to 5 working days.😡😡 

current situation no service from virgin media totally black screen anyone had similar and managed to get round it. I have TiVo V6 boxes with the apparent upgrade.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 upgrade 😫

There have been some outages since yesterday it probably hindering your update, you are not the only one that has been affected. i am sure it will get resolved soon 

Burlo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But to tell you 3 to 5 working days is not good enough and to say we are not trained on this system is poor planning by Virgin management.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

agree with you and you should have been put through to the TV360 team they have more training 

0 Kudos
Fox35
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Get rid!

I had my 2 boxes for 48hrs after upgrade to the 360 with constant problems with issues that were not on my V6 previously, buffering on recordings, sound drop-outs on recording, live tv freezing, epg failing to populate, channel logos missing, no Series Link+ or Bookmarks, and a poor sluggish user interface.

I made a big mistake by swapping to this heap of junk. It is a flawed inferior product with no back up or support from VM, like it was just dumped on the user to try figure out for themselves. Unbelievable.

I am currently waiting to be switched back to the V6, hopefully today or tomorrow.

Never again!

Burlo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

2+ hours on the phone again today and after customer services answered they hung up😫

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, can I get a bit more info about your situation please?

When did you receive the remotes?  The auto upgrade should have happened 5 days (not working days) after you made the order, it does make that clear at the time but what then happened was an outage with the provisioning system that causes the auto-update to fail.

It should be fixed now however, have you restarted your box/es?

0 Kudos
Burlo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

thanks for your reply, I updated on Saturday night in some quiet time and the update went fine except adding channels,  this went on till 02:30 on Sunday morning which at that time is had enough. We left it overnight to see if it was just slow getting the channels transferred. Come Sunday morning I tried again and it was just in the same position. I rang Virgin and they explained that there was a problem with the signal and it would be rectified by 06:00 on Monday morning. Got a text bright and early this morning saying everything is fine we have sent the signal, tried this morning and just a blank screen? Rang the Virgin team and was on the phone 2 hours 😡 

I reset the box reset my router tried everything they asked but no joy, I was then put through to a technical team who asked me to basically do everything I had just done again without success. They said I can’t do anything else as we have not been trained on this system and they would get someone to contact me in 3 to 5 days. I asked to be put through to customer services and after another 30 mins they answered and the phone disconnected 😡. Anyway we had to go out today and we have not long been back and yay success I now have service however it’s like watching and old Kung fu movie as the voices are out of sync how do I fix that 😫 all in all with the concerns I’ve had over the last few months with internet and tv channels being removed it has been a very very poor service from VM please bear in mind I have been with them in excess of 16 years but I am now in the process of looking to go elsewhere when my contract expires. The telephone responses are at the very best extremely poor as I don’t think I’ve managed to get through on the phone to speak to someone in under an hour. Sorry text is quite long but there you have it.

0 Kudos