Menu
Rob1601
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

360 upgrade for oomph (V6 boxes)

I have seen that the 360 service is now live! With excitement, I followed the links online to place the order. There is some ambiguity in how much I am going to pay. I currently pay £99 for oomph on a 12 month discount. By the looks of it, the system wants to re-contract me at £139.

I decided to contact VM via chat and the woman I spoke to was less than helpful. She tried to say I needed to pay an activation free (contrary to the website) and then said she would transfer me. I then got a message saying they were not available - great!!

I don't want to order online in case my cost goes upto £139 but I also don't think it is very fair that I have to pay the activation fee. I paid that 9 months a go!

Any thoughts welcome...

TIA

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 upgrade for oomph (V6 boxes)

You shouldn’t have to recontract (where did you see this in the online journey?) but the £35 activation fee is chargeable for the two box swaps from V6 to Virgin TV 360 

0 Kudos
Rob1601
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well, It was more the fact it pointed to it costing £139 a month. I am currently on a promotion at £99. It mentioned 12 months so thought it may be a new contract. Here is the image: https://imgur.com/SKcQMEt

As you can see from the image, it is offering me a free activation.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

might be a bug in there system not recognising discounts a lot of the times discounts are applied after. I would check what your new bill says once you have the equipment and you have been switched over if it still says £139 call customer services as there is no price increase for TV360 its still £99

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Rob, I've got someone looking into this, they may be in contact

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Rob1601
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I am currently holding off until I know but don’t want to miss out on the free activation if this is a time limited offer.

0 Kudos
scotty2
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I recently upgraded to oomph service, and  tried on numerous occasions to use the link https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/vtv360-ultimate-oomph-upgrade which popped up when i signed into my account, only for the link to fail on numerous occasions, tried using different devices and browsers all to no avail.

Then went onto VM online chat, and initially informed that upgrade would cost £35 to swap the V6's x 2 out for the new 360's. I explained nowhere on the link did it mention this cost, and instead of being offered the units without the cost, the agent i spoke to instead advised would cost £65. £35 activation charge and £30 for engineer visit, (which i don't think from what i've heard from others would be necessary).

If VM have pulled this offer due to glitches with the new box fair enough, but why continue to advertise the link to existing customers, when it continually fails to go through to an order form.

Finally got through on the phone 150 number , only to be advised by the VM agent that they couldn't offer the service, and suggestion was to try the link again in 24 hrs.  Frustrated isn't the word to describe how i feel. Can someone please confirm 1. are Ultimate Oomph customers being offered swop out of V6's or Tivo's for new 360's or not, and if so what charge if any would be applied to account?

Rgds

SF

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

From what I understand, currently Ultimate Oomph customer can switch to the TV360 platform which means your current V6 boxes would be replaced with 1x TV360 Main Humax box and 1 Humax Mini Box with 2 new remote controls. I thought the equipment was sent out free of charge as a self install package as all you have to do is unplug all your cables and plug them in to the box as they have the same connections. Can anyone from Virgin confirm this

0 Kudos
Rob1601
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to read you are also having issues. Saying this, it is reassuring that it is not just me.

I am really disappointed with VM at the minute. They have really let things slip and this is even before Covid. 

I remember someone citing the idea of ‘best of the worst’. This rings true sadly. 

The VM executive team have been good with an unrelated issue in the past. Their number is [MOD EDIT: Removed]. If a few of us can turn the screws, it might sort them out (hopeful I know).

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

What Tiffany said was correct for the initial roll out (trial kept secret), don't know if it is still correct from some of the virgin staff members posts.

0 Kudos