cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 upgrade farce

Ponowobo
On our wavelength

V6 box failed upgrade with untraceable error code. Tried to contact Customer Services & eventually got a recorded ‘Our systems are being upgraded, please try again from 8am’
Following day same problem, same recorded message.

Finally spoke to an agent (by following the ‘thinking of leaving’ route, all others failed.

Told ‘upgrade not activated’. Held (for ages) then spoke to ‘Technical Advisor’. Explained problem all over again. Waited for ages while he contacted the ‘360 Team’ (who of course won’t speak to customers). Eventually he came back with the explanation ‘something’s gone wrong with the software’. Really? That’s the 360 Team’s technical diagnosis of the problem? Advisor says he will keep on the case and definitely call me back although it might be a couple of hours or so…… (Anyone fancy a bet on that?).

So, my question is, who are the Management team who consider that Virgin Media’s Customer Service is acceptable & do they have any idea how many long-standing customers are planning to quit as a result?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

8am is the normal opening time for VM-phone CS.

If you're converting a V6 into a 360, the normal process is that you receive the remote, then the "upgrade now" icon appears in your apps list, 360 is then installed and your box starts its new life as a 360.

If anything goes wrong, an error code usually results which gives a good indicator of where it's failed. "Upgrade not activated" is part of an error message, but I'd still expect a code to go with it.

And no, if you've been promised a callback then it's fair to bet that won't happen and you'll need to callback in. It shouldn't happen - but does. Ultimately, although we can give an educated guess on here as to what's happened - it will likely need VM intervention to rectify. Forum staff will often pick up threads here, but it's not a real-time service and calling in is usually quicker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ponowobo
On our wavelength

Thanks for your input. There is an error code - MA1/3/50 which I was told means ‘not activated’. I have subsequently phoned again & was put through to line 2 support? After a while I was assured that the activation would happen but not for 24 hrs.

An hour later, received a couple of text messages saying - activation done, you can now follow booklet advice to upgrade.

Done that & still get same error message.

Think I’ll have a lie down now..   

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

MA-xyz is a 360-platform error code.

An educated guess therefore tells me your box is running 360-software (easy for you to check - is your box running TiVo-based software with the TiVo-logo?) but your account is still setup for TiVo, hence the box being told "no". (technical term)

Try restarting your box, see if that kicks things into life. It can't make things any worse, but might just help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ponowobo
On our wavelength

Tried that a few times with no luck. VM have now agreed to replace my V6 box with a 360 box so hopefully..,,

Thanks for for time

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ponowobo

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for making this post regarding your failed TV 360 upgrade, I'm so sorry to hear that the software has not worked for you. I'm glad to hear your V6 box is being replaced, please do keep us posted on how your 360 upgrade is working following this.

Best wishes,

Serena