cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 system

frustrated32
Joining in

Warning.

If you have 2 vivo6 boxes in use, Do not change to 360. You can record 6 shows on each box but the 360 system makes you share 6. There are lots of other good things on the vivo6 which are not on the 360. Take it from some one who got fooled into upgrading to 360, it is a down grade.

5 REPLIES 5

turbine
Superfast

@frustrated32 wrote:

Warning.

If you have 2 vivo6 boxes in use, Do not change to 360. You can record 6 shows on each box but the 360 system makes you share 6. There are lots of other good things on the vivo6 which are not on the 360. Take it from some one who got fooled into upgrading to 360, it is a down grade.

If you have 2 v6 boxes that have been updated to 360,you can still record on both boxes.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've converted 2 x V6 into 2 x 360, then both boxes will have retained HDDs and you have 12 tuners between them.

2 caveats - when you set a recording, you need to go into the advanced options to choose which box you're recording on.

And whereas V6 displays each box's recordings separately, 360 pools them into one pile that's visible on both boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset. You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

To see how much HDD space has been used. Press Home > Saved > Recordings > See all. There is a percentage indicator in the top left hand corner.

If you have the 4.35 build when going to Settings > System> Recording Settings you can select each box individually and the interface now lists the percentage used on each box (applies to upgraded V6 boxes as they all have hard drives)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Message to NEWAPOLLO

Thanks for the information, you know more that the service engineers and the hours I have spent on the phone.

Can you help with 2 other problems?

recovery of  recording deleted by mistake.

List of series links

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no undelete of recordings. Once deleted, gone for ever.

There is no list of ALL series links. There is a list of series links with programs currently scheduled.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks