Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

360 sound dropping out

Installed new 360 box last weekend and been having sound dropping out on regular basis . After trying various settings I found that switching sound bar off then back on sound returns. Have changed hdmi cable , rebooted sound bar and 360 box but problem persists . Had no problem whatsoever with V6 box . Any help or advice gratefully accepted or is this another glitch with 360 box . Await comment from Virgin forum staff  before phoning Virgin .360  Box with Sony tv and sound bar.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 sound dropping out

Hi goodykpg,

I hope this helps.

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video - try setting Dolby Audio to always convert.

You can also try different settings such as follow content or disabled

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi , tried all settings problem still there

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @goodykpg,

How is it going at the moment? Are you still having sound issues with your TV and 360 box?

Have you spoken to the team about this since you last posted?

If not, would you be able to try it in a different HDMI socket on the TV, to see if that helps to fix the issue?

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven ,thanks for replying. As yet hadn't had time to ring. Problem still persists, tried different hdmi input , changed setting on input from enhanced to standard no change , tried every setting on tv and 360 . Interval between sound dropout gets less longer box on . Starting to get annoying as so far impressed with most aspects of new box . Any comments or help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the same fault, got 360 2 weeks ago and sound is dropping out for about a second very intermittently. I am a tv engineer and sounds like the sound is clipping I have a Samsung 8 series tv and have tried different inputs to tv as well as new hdmi cable,also tried the settings you suggest but to no avail.

0 Kudos