Menu
goodykpg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

360 sound dropping out

Installed new 360 box last weekend and been having sound dropping out on regular basis . After trying various settings I found that switching sound bar off then back on sound returns. Have changed hdmi cable , rebooted sound bar and 360 box but problem persists . Had no problem whatsoever with V6 box . Any help or advice gratefully accepted or is this another glitch with 360 box . Await comment from Virgin forum staff  before phoning Virgin .360  Box with Sony tv and sound bar.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 sound dropping out

Hi goodykpg,

I hope this helps.

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video - try setting Dolby Audio to always convert.

You can also try different settings such as follow content or disabled

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
goodykpg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi , tried all settings problem still there

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey @goodykpg,

How is it going at the moment? Are you still having sound issues with your TV and 360 box?

Have you spoken to the team about this since you last posted?

If not, would you be able to try it in a different HDMI socket on the TV, to see if that helps to fix the issue?

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
goodykpg
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven ,thanks for replying. As yet hadn't had time to ring. Problem still persists, tried different hdmi input , changed setting on input from enhanced to standard no change , tried every setting on tv and 360 . Interval between sound dropout gets less longer box on . Starting to get annoying as so far impressed with most aspects of new box . Any comments or help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Skypark47
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have the same fault, got 360 2 weeks ago and sound is dropping out for about a second very intermittently. I am a tv engineer and sounds like the sound is clipping I have a Samsung 8 series tv and have tried different inputs to tv as well as new hdmi cable,also tried the settings you suggest but to no avail.

0 Kudos
elvch01
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have recently installed my 360 and am getting occasional audio dropout. The sound disappears for a few seconds and then returns. 

I have a Samsung Qled TV with audio going to a Samsung soundbar via the HDMI ARC. 

I never had any issues with the old Tivo V6 and all the cables, connections etc are identical. To swap to the 360, I have simply unplugged the ethernet, coax and HDMI from the v6 and plugged them in the 360

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sound is all fine for me with Sony TV and Samsung Soundbar

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Not had any audio  dropout, my problem was with the sync, I had to go 360 to Sony amp to Samsung TV, using HDMI, I used to go V6 to TV with the audio through fibre from TV to Sony amp. You could also try swapping Dolby to follow content to see if that has any effect, default is Always  convert.

0 Kudos
goodykpg
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Glad your problem solved , sadly still having audio dropout when soundbar connected by hdmi cable through arc , cannot connect bar from box as only one input , works fine through optical or just TV speakers . Annoying as worked fine on V6 box . Have given up now and use optical cable , more important things in life to be worried about.

0 Kudos