cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 software upgrade

OU71YGR
Joining in

I had two 360 box's, one old one mini (thin) two days ago had a overnight software update, new thin box accepted update old thicker box would not, engineer sent new box, two day later installed the new 360 box, now thin version, so I have two that look the same thin, the new install all worked and I thought everything was sorted, only to find that the old box that had accepted the update was now not working, it shows a old program guide and asks that each channel is upgraded, it has a no entry sign in the middle of the screen, both box's are connected to each other via ethernet and connected to the internet, ran a diagnostic and it says both box's are connected to the internet and virgin servers but the original box that was working prior to the new install that is now not working, is saying it has no TV signal, phoned Virgin spoke to two levels of engineers did the old send activation turn off wait turn back on, still the same, now have an engineer booked but it six days away, so I can now only watch Virgin in my bedroom and not my lounge. 

anyone any ideas what the issue could be? yes all the cable are installed correctly and i did not have to move any on the original box that is now not working 

thanks M  

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@OU71YGR wrote:

I had two 360 box's, one old one mini (thin) two days ago had a overnight software update, new thin box accepted update old thicker box would not, engineer sent new box, two day later installed the new 360 box, now thin version, so I have two that look the same thin, the new install all worked and I thought everything was sorted, only to find that the old box that had accepted the update was now not working, it shows a old program guide and asks that each channel is upgraded, it has a no entry sign in the middle of the screen, both box's are connected to each other via ethernet and connected to the internet, ran a diagnostic and it says both box's are connected to the internet and virgin servers but the original box that was working prior to the new install that is now not working, is saying it has no TV signal, phoned Virgin spoke to two levels of engineers did the old send activation turn off wait turn back on, still the same, now have an engineer booked but it six days away, so I can now only watch Virgin in my bedroom and not my lounge. 

anyone any ideas what the issue could be? yes all the cable are installed correctly and i did not have to move any on the original box that is now not working 

thanks M  

I suggest moving the box from the bedroom to the lounge for now as that's where you will probably be watching from most of the time.

It sounds like you have two mini (thin) boxes instead of a main (bigger with hard drive) and mini.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yeah, I thought the same phoned techncial they checked the SN number and have told me the new thin box has a hard drive, still not convinced 

have an engineer scheduled, but bet your right and a hub box is required 

will keep you posted 

m