Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

360 software update

My 360 just flashed up a message saying my software has been updated.  Is there a changelog or other info available to tell me what has been updated?  Just curious, but also interested.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 software update

Press the Home Button then go to the settings Cog and it'll have in the middle a box that says what's new in 4.2.6 - in this case "squashed some bugs".

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers - useful to know.  I presume any significant changes will be flagged too?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No idea, I've had it a while and never really noticed, I'd assume so though as it's a Trial the best way to find issues with new stuff would be to mention it in a log or such..

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@martinianpaul wrote:

Cheers - useful to know.  I presume any significant changes will be flagged too?

They haven't been so far.  Ver 4.26 included some noticeable changes that are not documented on the What's New page.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should see a software update every 6 weeks or so, agree that we should have more info in the Whats New section!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Got this from a friend in Holland who has the Ziggo version of the 360

What has been changed in 4.27?
Bug fixes

• The App Store could sometimes not be opened, this resulted in error code CS2401
  • The media box sometimes did not respond to the remote control for a short time
  • The set HDMI resolution on the media box sometimes changed from 4K to 1080p. Sometimes the other way around. All cases where the set resolution changes without any action from the user should be resolved.
  • When playing a paused live TV session, you briefly got a black screen

Improvement of ease of use and other adjustments:

By simulating the buttons on the remote control with voice control commands, you can now use some voice control commands in Youtube. For example: 'pause', 'play', 'go back'.

I don't know how much applies to the VM version but the You Tube voice control definitely works!

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@paul0363 wrote:

Got this from a friend in Holland who has the Ziggo version of the 360

What has been changed in 4.27?
Bug fixes

• The media box sometimes did not respond to the remote control for a short time

I'm on 4.27 but I'm still experiencing this problem occasionally. I haven't noted exactly when unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So no useful updates like the ability to record new programs and series only or to be able to recovery deleted recordings. The v6 box could do all this and is an older box too 

0 Kudos