Menu
AlexGudmunsen
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

360 slow and freezing

I have had this problem since I was upgraded to 360.  The box is slow and freezes for a few seconds regularly, mostly when using apps.  Sometimes the TV will just go black and I’ll have to reset the box manually.  When I record or pause live TV, when playing it back it sometimes skips and randomly goes back, making the recording unwatchable as some of it seems to be missing.  I’ve spoken to VirginMedia on the phone three times and they have been unable to help me at all, just told me that it had been referred to 2nd line, but this was weeks ago now.  

I have checked all hardware and cables, ran all diagnostics tools on both my side and virgin media’s side.  Reset the box, factory reset the box and attempted to change settings, none of which has worked.  

This seems to be a running theme with upgrading to 360, surely there is a fix for this? I do wonder if keeping the same old hardware and just changing the remote control and software is an awful way of going about an upgrade.  

Any help appreciated! 

0 Kudos
AlexGudmunsen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box freezes

I have this same problem since I was upgraded to 360.  The box is slow and freezes regularly.  When I record or pause live TV, when playing it back it sometimes skips and randomly goes back, making the recording unwatchable as some of it seems to be missing.  I’ve spoken to VirginMedia on the phone three times and they have been unable to help me at all, truly useless, the last one even asked me what I wanted her to do... it’s not my job! 

0 Kudos
Royalbeech
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@AlexGudmunsen wrote:

I have this same problem since I was upgraded to 360.  The box is slow and freezes regularly.  When I record or pause live TV, when playing it back it sometimes skips and randomly goes back, making the recording unwatchable as some of it seems to be missing.  I’ve spoken to VirginMedia on the phone three times and they have been unable to help me at all, truly useless, the last one even asked me what I wanted her to do... it’s not my job! 

I had the same issues a couple of weeks ago and it was all sorted by a very helpful Virgin media person monitoring this site, their handle is @Molly_g. They did some checks on my system and noticed it had issues, an engineer visit was booked and after he checking all the kit, he needed to change the dead box.

Hopefully Molly_g or one of the other mod will ask to check your system. 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Royalbeech,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! I have fed this back to Molly, so she is aware of your kind words! 🙂

We'll be more than happy to check @RD54's system, just need to wait for them to confirm if they're still experiencing this issue. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AlexGudmunsen
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Paulina,

I am still having the issue and have tried everything that has been mentioned above with no result.  Is there a way I can get a replacement box please? 

Many thanks,

Alex

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 slow and freezing

Hi there @AlexGudmunsen 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back. 

I am so sorry to see you are having this issue with your 360 box! I have had a look on your account and I can see that you have an appointment booked with an engineer already. 

Would you be able to let us know how things are looking after the appointment? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @AlexGudmunsen.

I can see that you have had a response on your other post regarding a appointment that has been booked, the response was from ashleigh.

Please can you respond on your post? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

0 Kudos
AlexGudmunsen
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashleigh,

Yes I managed to book one in this morning, I’ll let you know what the fix is.

Many thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
AlexGudmunsen
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashleigh,

Good news, the engineer came round and was very helpful.  He set up a new box and it has been 4 days now and the TV is working perfectly with no issues.  

Kind regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

We're glad to hear this is all working for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos