cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 seems to have factory reset itself?

Ijph1
Tuning in

My V6 box got the 360 software just over a week ago.

Tonight we tried to watch a program we had recorded but got a CS2217 error message. So we just went to watch something on live tv, but the box switched itself off and restarted. When it was ready to watch again, all our recordings were gone and all the series links we had set up were gone, so I think it has decided on its own accord to do a factory reset.?

What on earth is going on? My early impressions are that 360 is terrible, I have to switch the box off and on regularly. I’d rather have the old V6 service back, it always worked fine

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

Sounds to me like your box is faulty. You could try a factory reset.

If you have lost all your recordings and series links you will have nothing to lose by selecting option 2.

You are given 2 options, you could try option 1 first and see if they come back someone said they did.

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

If it does it again then you will need to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Update.

Yesterday I did a factory reset yesterday and set up all my series links, again.

Today I put the tv on and noticed that all my series links have gone, so the box must have done something crazy again.

Was watching a newly recorded program this evening and it stopped with error message CS2200.

Box worked perfectly until we got 360, now it is useless.

roy247
Community elder

I think you need to make that call to Virgin, not all V6 boxes have taken to the 360 update.

You can wait for a forum team member to respond which may be 2 to 3 days.

And seeing as recorded programmes don’t work I’ve had to make more use of the BBC Iplayer app. But every time we go to watch something on Iplayer I have to go through the process of entering a code - 3 times today.

360 is absolutely **bleep**.

roy247
Community elder

Get your box replaced and you shouldn't have any problems, I've had 360 for over 2 years with no problems.

Box wiped all my recordings and series links again this morning.

Called Virgin, and after 20 minutes of the agent looking at things he said they would get someone to phone me in 3 to 5 days. I asked what the point of that was, the agent agreed and they are now going to send me a new box.

roy247
Community elder

They don't normally just send box's out, it may involve a technician bringing one.

They checked if I’d be happy to install it myself and are couriering one.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ijph1,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues with your equipment and for your experience when contacting us. 

As roy247 has advised, we would not usually send out a box as this would require a technician visit. 

With this being the case, we would like to take a quick look at your account and make sure this is correct for you. 

I will pop you over a private message to the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat