Anne171
Joining in

Which button do I use to skip adds?

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

What are you watching when you want to skip the adds. If it's live TV you can't skip the adds, if it's a recording you can press the > next to the OK button to jump in 30 sec intervals, or the >> to fast forward through them, there are 4 speeds to the fast forward (>>) button activated by 1,2,3, or 4 presses of the button if you press it 5 times it goes back to the start or the slowest. You can also skip the adds on the ITVX app but not I believe on any of the other App's but I don't use all of them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

What are you watching when you want to skip the adds. If it's live TV you can't skip the adds, if it's a recording you can press the > next to the OK button to jump in 30 sec intervals, or the >> to fast forward through them, there are 4 speeds to the fast forward (>>) button activated by 1,2,3, or 4 presses of the button if you press it 5 times it goes back to the start or the slowest. You can also skip the adds on the ITVX app but not I believe on any of the other App's but I don't use all of them.

YouTube 

roy247
Community elder

I only use the YouTube app for watching music and the option to skip the add comes up automatically after you have seen one, they make money from the adds, if you want to watch add free you can subscribe to YouTube premium for £11.99 a month. 

Just click the OK button once the "Skip Ads" option appears.