Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

360 remote v Samsung remote

Learned Guys and Gals

Today I received my new 360 Box and after almost an hour on the phone, got it working. Up until this point I had a V6 Tivo Box that worked adequately with basic remote control via my Samsung TV remote (Q90 Series). I could call up the VM Guide, change channels, set volume etc etc. But now...........the Samsung TV remote refuses to change channels or call up the VM channel guide. Needless to say, there are some commands that no longer work on the Samsung remote!

Any ideas guys? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 remote v Samsung remote

Hi yowfailed,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Apologies for the delayed response, I've had a look at your connection for diagnostics but see that you have already been in touch. Just want to check everything is OK since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@yowfailed wrote:

Learned Guys and Gals

Today I received my new 360 Box and after almost an hour on the phone, got it working. Up until this point I had a V6 Tivo Box that worked adequately with basic remote control via my Samsung TV remote (Q90 Series). I could call up the VM Guide, change channels, set volume etc etc. But now...........the Samsung TV remote refuses to change channels or call up the VM channel guide. Needless to say, there are some commands that no longer work on the Samsung remote!

Any ideas guys? 

Give this a go - although it's for a Harmony remote, it should be true for the Samsung too. You may need to search for the box name manually in the Universal Control setup

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/360-with-Harmony-remote/m-p/4428850#M79679

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response but sadly no, I am now experiencing more issues with the V360 box. Maybe time to revert back to the Tivo box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am afraid that once the v360 box has been activated there is no path to go back to a previous box, you cannot go back to a v6 or Tivo.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The samsung remote need to be set as Pace  DCR7111

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos