cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote shortcuts for +1

imodium
Joining in

after upgrading to the ugly 360 service im finding the clunky remote to be absolutely useless,i'm hoping someone can help or guide me back to the better version.

when watching lets say e4 you could press yellow to go straight to the +1 channel, that doesn't appear to work now, is there a way to do this after the downgrade?

i'm thinking i need the better version and remote back.

6 REPLIES 6

1701-e
Superfast

No but the +1s are in the 300 range so if you are watching 106 just say or key in 306.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@imodium wrote:

after upgrading to the ugly 360 service im finding the clunky remote to be absolutely useless,i'm hoping someone can help or guide me back to the better version.

when watching lets say e4 you could press yellow to go straight to the +1 channel, that doesn't appear to work now, is there a way to do this after the downgrade?

i'm thinking i need the better version and remote back.

You won’t get it I’m afraid. Migration to Horizon V360 is:

1) Completely voluntary.

2) A one way trip.

Horizon is the TV product developed by Virgin’s parent company Liberty Global, who want to standardise everything across all their operations. The agreement with TiVO will be terminated in the not too distant future & Arris who manufacture the boxes that take TiVO firmware have now stopped production. The new Humax boxes will only run Horizon firmware.

Add to that Virgin’s move away from “Cable” RF driven services by 2028, & it is likely that the Broadband driven Virgin Stream IP box (which also runs on Horizon firmware) will be the only TV product offered.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@nodrogd wrote:

Add to that Virgin’s move away from “Cable” RF driven services by 2028, & it is likely that the Broadband driven Virgin Stream IP box (which also runs on Horizon firmware) will be the only TV product offered.

So I assume by 2028 Virgin will allow more than one Stream box per account.

Well, that sounds horrific, the Stream box doesn't even allow recording does it? Enforced ads, limited time to view stuff, limited control, welcome to the future!

In fact, wouldn't that render Virgin's TV service redundant? As once we're at that point why not just run the various streaming apps on another device.

CurlyKylie
Dialled in

Just to add you're not alone.  The 360 interface is horrible as is the remote control, there are so many things which are a step backwards in usability compared to my old Tivo.  I'm thinking of cancelling Virgin because of it

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tavis75 wrote:

Well, that sounds horrific, the Stream box doesn't even allow recording does it? Enforced ads, limited time to view stuff, limited control, welcome to the future!

In fact, wouldn't that render Virgin's TV service redundant? As once we're at that point why not just run the various streaming apps on another device.

As it will with Sky's satellite SkyQ service, which is getting more & more expensive to run by the day as customers "dump the dish". Sky Stream now does offer multiroom & cloud recording of some channels where the broadcaster allows it, & I expect Virgin to follow suit in due course. There are increasing numbers of complaints here on the forums from customers that don't like the TV boxes being hardwired to the network, & they are likely to eventually get their way.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks