Menu
Alan201
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

360 remote loses pairing.

My 360 remote loses its pairing intermittently.

Its happened four or five times since new.

When paired, the remote works normally on all functions.

I have to remove the batteries, re-pair the remote and then normal service is resumed until next time.

Anyone else having similar problems.

Thanks Alan

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 remote loses pairing.

Hi Alan,

Please try the following :-

If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have not had this issue yet

0 Kudos
Alan201
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Yes the box is set to fast start.

Its so strange, I'll use the remote and put it down, then the next time I pick it up it doesn't work?

As its once in a blue moon I can live with it, but if it was happening frequently it would be a real pain.

Alan

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

maybe its a faulty remote I have had no pairing issues at all with both my boxes, remotes and TV's

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

I don't think the power setting is going to affect anything, my boxes are set to active start and I have not had a problem.

Maybe it is a faulty remote.

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Should have asked you this first, is your 360 box a Tivo V6 that has had the software upgrade and you got sent a new remote or is it a new Humax 360 box and you received the remote with the box. Only asking as, if it is a Tivo V6 box that had the software upgrade I assume you didn't have a problem with the old remote so that would point the finger at the remote control.

When the remote has stopped working have you tried pressing and holding the 2 channel buttons on the front of the 360 to see if the remote beeps, I suppose this would tell you if it's just not sending but still receiving, but not much use for changing the channel.

If you had 2 boxes you could have tried the other remote.

I would ask for a new remote.

0 Kudos
Alan201
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roy

The box is a Humax 360, so a new remote.

I haven't tried the two channel buttons, I'll try that at the next failure.

Alan

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Just pulled out the batteries from my remote and it didn't need repairing which I thought would be the case, I don't know for sure if once the remote is flashed if removing the batteries or having a bad contact for a long period will lose the pairing, this would make me think it's more a remote problem.

Worst case is it could be the box but the easy option for Virgin is to send a remote. 

0 Kudos