Menu
canthackit
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

360 remote codes don't work

Hi

Trying to setup my new 360 upgrade, I'm using  OFA URC 7955, tried every code for VM and also what has been suggested Viggo as well.

As is obvious nothing will work...anyone got any suggestions please.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: 306 remote codes don't work

Hi canthackit,

You need to use the remote control for your V6 first and then the new Virgin TV360 remote control to set up your box to complete the upgrade to the 360 software.

Once that is done you should then be able to set up your all in one remote as a "Ziggo Media box Next"

In case you haven't got the instructions to upgrade your current box the instructions are below.

360 upgrade360 upgrade

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @canthackit,

Welcome back to our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your upgrade. Was the great advise given by @newapollo useful? Is the issue ongoing? 

Please get back to us when you can so we can best assist regarding this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
canthackit
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Thanks for the replies.
No! I've had the upgrade to V360 done the V360 remote is working.
This is the One for All URC 7955 I'm trying to program to accept the V360 commands.
What I'm saying is, or trying to say that the codes in the manual don't work (and there's loads) and I've found a "Ziggo" named only as that, there's no "Ziggo Media box next" without the comments listed.
I'm still stuck.
0 Kudos
canthackit
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello again.
Can't seem to edit my post above.
I see where I've confused everyone myself included.
Let's keep it simple, let's forget about upgrades etc. :-)))
what I need to do if possible is program the One for All, Universal Remote Control 7955 to work with the VM360 box.
I've got my TV and Receiver working but the codes for the VM360 that I have for it are not working.
And there's no "Ziggo Media box Next" listed.
Hope I've explained myself properly this time, sorry for the confusion :-(((
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi again canthackit,

I've just had a quick search of the 360 board.

A couple of users on the forum say they have it working.

spressy  said they used the SimpleSet setup process for the Ziggo manufacturer

vjkld  on their post said they contacted  one for all support and they were given the codes for the pause live TV function it’s working fine now

https://www.oneforall.co.uk/support

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

You can download the One For All Setup app from google play and try that, found this link with some instructions for the app,

https://www.oneforall.co.nz/support/faq/urc7880-how-can-i-pair-smart-remote-control-ofa-setup-app

curious to see if the 7955 remote fully works because I was thinking of buying one.

Roy

0 Kudos
canthackit
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Wotchya\

Thanks for the links, tried all suggested codes none of them worked fully there were two that worked partially, one I can't remember and the one I have on atm 1582 sadly the mute button doesn't work so I have to switch to Audio mute/unmute then back to Media or STB for everything else.

What a pain

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I haven't got the remote, however if you scroll down this page urc-7955-smart-control-5/support  there is further help

How can I learn a  missing function on my Smart Control using the original remote?

Your One For All remote is capable of copying functions straight from the original remote control that came with your device.

To use the Learning feature, please follow the instructions below:

1. Hold down MAGIC until the LED under the device blinks twice. The LED under the current mode key will stay lit.
  2. Use the DEVICES key to select the relevant device mode.
  3. Enter code 975, the light will blink twice.
  4. Press the key on the One For All where you would like to place the learned function - The Watch TV, Listen To Music and Custom LEDs will light up.
  5. Press the key on the original remote control that you wish to learn until the light on the One For All blinks twice.
  6. Press and hold the MAGIC key to store the learned function until the light blinks twice.
Additional Information:
  • It is possible to learn up to 400 functions on this remote.
  • If you wish to learn more functions within the same mode, simply repeat steps 4 and 5. If you would like to continue learning but in a different device mode please repeat from step 3 until 5. When you have finished learning all of the required functions, press and hold MAGIC to store.
  • It is possible to learn onto an empty device mode. The functions from this learned only device mode can also be used in Macros and Volume lock.
  • One long blink indicates the remote did not capture the signal correctly.
  • Two long blinks indicate the memory is full.

Dave

canthackit
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thnx Mate
I've been doing that all along, I think for the most part got my System working thus...
Receiver AV1 output>TV input HDMI 2 [ARC] enabled.
4K Fire Stick directly into Receiver HDMI input 4
V360 via HDMI lead to input HDMI 1.
For the most part everything is working ok.
Just testing movies on UHD Cinema, PQ is ok not the best though, and bit disappointed with the audio.

Oh and this is with the 1582 code